Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

You Guys

Geez... I go to bed... wake up ... get on here to say g'morning and wholy Geez...

You guys are WONDERFUL... in my very humble opinion you all went way above and beyond what you could do to help.

Truthfully, I never really got to know MM...just read his post...but my first thoughts were like oneway's.

I keep saying over and over we don't know who is on the other end of these messages....some of us hang around and we sorta get a feel for eachother...after a while you know who is pulling or yanking chains.   Kinda like..who needs company, and still using, or who is making a true attempt at helping, or who is here to learn how to use, and then there are the people who really want and need help getting and staying away from the pill-go-round.   *big huge sigh*  No voice inflection, no judgement calls... sometimes you just get feelings.  PERIOD.

I truly hope it was a prank... actually if you think about it..if it was a prank...the man is OK.  He's in his 60's..and was convinced, if I remember correcetly, he was only Physically addicted and not mentally dependent.  I kept saying to myself...what the hell is the difference.  If your body craves or your head craves.. but hey... I'm only one tiny little lady with only my experience to bank on.

I can't believe that someone actually found a phone number for him.   You guys are amazing.

Maybe... just maybe he'll return one of these days with the story of what happened.   Let's keep that opened as an option... it will serve us all well to have that thought.

Gip

5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
Personally I would rather be the person who believed it and tried to do something be it physically or spiritually, than be the person who was the cynic and believed nothing about it.
Better safe than sorry.
And everyone here, even if there was doubt, really did all that could be done.
Prayer is all that's left.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
if he wasn't goofing... then I feel really bad... sad... y'know I responded to his amazingly written (and amazingly lived!) life story by kinda challenging him to look into filet of Soul (using his formidable intellectual prowess to explore this life in the context of the journey's continuation after leaving the body behind...) and then a short time later he's doing whatever it is that happened... oddly uncomfortable to be feeling "conditionally" bummed out (i.e. IF it's real, THEN I'm truly bummed...)    

Gip, nice that you're back!     Nefesh
Helpful - 0
The messages he wrote are gone, apparently, deleted...and I'm glad... they were a bit scary.

But think for a moment... all his post were very well composed, he spoke well, related in his words well...seemed to be mentally in tact.

If you truly were in crises would you go to your computer and type help in a FORUM... MAKES NO DAMN SENSE TO ME...He said a few days back he was going to Cold Turkey... maybe we'll just hear from him after he feels better and we'll know he's OK.

I wish bad things for no one.   I'm glad it was deleted very early in the morning so that a lot of others didn't get upset over it... not much we could do anyway.

Gip
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
thanks, Gip.  dunno where you get so much Energy from to interact with and help so many people... they should be paying you to be the official addiction forum facilitator!  (Gipsee: slighty in body, Mighty in Spirit!)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.