Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Changed my plan

I took vic's advice im on the 80 mg in the a.m and p.m, i was getting to be real sick so i took the advice and feeling a bit better i added a 20mg oxy to the afternoon, boy that took quite a bit of the edge off. I'm going to stick to this the rest of this week then go to 40 mgs a.m and p.m and the 20 in the middle of the day. I still am in w/d's but it did help some thanks viccadict. :) Tweety
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm supposed to be on 20 mgs 4 times a day but nope i self medicated to where my pain was gone. I ended up taking 6-20mg tablets 3-4 times a day. Then there were the percocets for breakthrough pain, i was to take 2 a day but i would take 5-7 at a time. Both my scripts were gone in 7 days. I was buying off people i know who sell them. I wanted off for along time now and finally got the courage after reading on here over a month. Right from 120 mgs at one time to 80mgs 2 times a day and flushed my percocets. But i was really sick during the day so vicaddict gave me the idea to add a pill in the day. I tried it and it worked. Im still very sick but i can sleep with the help of the 80 and a valium at night. Im thinking of taking 60 mgs not 40 next week. I cant taper 10 mgs at a time because I'm only prescibed the 20's. The ones i buy are 80's and 40's and if i break the pill something happens. I was advised not to do that. At least i listened to that part lol. For what little it did me. But i have severe migraines and degenerative disk disease + rhumatoid arthritus I said osteo in another post but it's rhumatoid and i wanna get to where i can only take 1 and only if its severe enough to take 1, i believe i can do it. I hate these meds. And no cravings at all, so i think im on the right track, may take a few weeks but hey its going to be worth it to get my life back on track and to live and be happy with my husband&family again. God i miss that so much, thats what keeps me on the taper-Tweety
Helpful - 0
How much oxy were you on. God I still crave it so bad especially around 9-11 at night I don't know why?
Helpful - 0
Aww hun! I am so glad I could help. I also am glad you are sticking to your decision! Very Very Proud of you!!! No thanking me hun....you too have been here for me, just returning the favor, and more than happy to help! I know all too well what cold turkey feels like, and like I said I could not imagine tapering on one and cold turkey on another. That would be wayyyy to much at once.

Stick to your plan hun, sounds just fine to me!!

Way to go hun! Also, glad to hear you feel better! Keep plugging, I am rootin for ya!!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.