Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Creek Still Tapering but the PAIN!!!! OMG

I'm waiting for that magical moment when,as some of you have posted, the pain isn't as bad off of the meds as it was on them.  I dunno, folks, this is really really Painful. I could barely get out of bed this am.  I cannot sleep because my back feels like it has sword in it and I can feel my heart beat in my spine.  

SOOOOO, here's the plan. I really do need to try to tolerate the lyrica.  I said before this makes me have "sea legs" but I am starting to take it before bed.  It is one of those drugs that doesn't work immediately but over time.  OR I HAVE to take just naproxin or something for the pain.  This is unbearable and I am just freakin miserable.

BUT!!!!   I am tapering.  That is THE WORLD to me right now and I firmly believe the worst is yet to come.  But I have been staying positive...trying to reinforce what I will do when the big decision comes...you know...the one where I give up and make really stupid decisions, feel guilty, spend money I don't have, still not get anything done anyway (with or without pills), and generally continue the downward spiral of that life.  Yea, that decision.  It is coming, it will always be there.

I am afraid, yet still very hopeful.  Mind game hurting way more than back pain.  

Haven't read any threads much to my dismay, just very busy at work and on an ice pack the rest of the day.  I'll connect soon.  Hope you are all in the fight.  Peace

Oh, forgot, the Doc. is running lotsa tests.  Just mid-life run of the mill tests I think.  I didn't have the guts to ask for a liver thing, call me stupid I know.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks I know I need to think positive.  Thank you all for your comments.  Thanks about the blood tests info, Gip

I write later tonight and see what everyone is up to I need to catch up/

This may be so far down you won't see it. Hope you do.

Peace
Helpful - 0
Forgot to say I didn't fess up about my addiction either.  

Helpful - 0

Creek, hang in there. When you decide to let go is when you can start your healing.

I made my first post earlier and already feel good about myself. It's the first time I've ever admitted to anyone that I have a problem.

Just think of it this way, when your body feels those weird feelings of w/d, you are one stepcloser to recovering your body back to normal. Don't think about your body "needing" the pills, think of it as your body being cleansed a little more. Now I know it easier said than done, but if you can train yourself to think this way, you can make it through with flying colors. Remember, your mind can be an extremely strong thing. Let it work for you.

My mindset in this whole friggin thing has been that I'm NOT, going to let a pill control me for the rest of my life.
Helpful - 0
Good Job...

Honestly... it will get better.

And re: the blood test... if he ran a 2 - 3 panel test which is the NORM... and if there is anything wrong ... your liver enzymes will show a variance.   Just in a normal blood work test.   If the variance is really high he'll (the Dr.) will take if from there.

Relax.... breathe... drink plenty of water and try some Advil for pain you'd be surprised how it helps.

Gip
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
hang on, hang in, keep on keepin' on!!!!!!  you are really amazing, possessing of seemingly endless reserves of grit and inspiration just when it seems like you've bottomed out - and then you just keep coming...!!!  like so many of us, I wish there were some way to reach through the computer screen and give you something or do something that would ease your plight at least enough to give you a little breather - take ten - before resuming the good fight... and you're definitely a warrior, will definitely be decorated for heroism under fire when you pull out of this, God willing...  try them hot baths, good music, eclairs, a massage, anything everything! just hang in there... give 'em an uppercut followed by a fast jab if you have to, just to keep the demons at bay...    Good Luck and Blessings my friend!!                 Nefesh
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.