Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

FIRST DAY WITH MEDS OUT OF MY REACH-UGGGH

Well today is the day. Already picked up my meds and they are in the hands of my best friend. I KNOW I am making the right decision, but at the same time feel like such a child. I had only taken a half yesterday ALL DAY..and let me tell you this morning was horrible! I barely could get out of bed. My back was in such unbeleiveable pain. Boy did I reflect right away back to..man all this time taking all those pille I had NO pain in the morning. So of course I for the first time EVER...instead of running straight to the pharmacy tried some advil. IKES..didn't even tough the pain. I pray to god this pain leaves when my body is over these pills. Took my pill just now and no more for 6 hours. Then the last one 6 hours later, bedtime. We are going to try the 3 day taper. But not shaving off until maybe the last week of being totally done. I am not going to be taking my normal 10/day..I am going straight to 3/day and that is it. Then go down from there. I figure the next 3 days I will suffer some withdrawel..so it can only get better from there right? I hope. No sence in prolonging my taper longer than needed. That's just my opinion. I mean if I go 3 days on 3/day then my body should be somewhat adjusted in those 3 days to this lower dose. Or am I hopeing for too much to fast? The worst thing was this morning when my 7 yr old had to watch me TRY to get otu of bed. And I was crying...those poor little eyes and asking "Mom are you ok"..just killed me inside. I am heavier now than ever before and I am certain alot of that plays part in my back pain. CONT'D...
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You ROCK! How are you today? Jessica
Helpful - 0
Your so very welcome hun!

:)

Tracy
Helpful - 0
I know they are the worst things made.  It is horrible, feeling that you are scared to leave the house without your pills.  I had to take a small handful just to take my kids to the movies, or for that matter I had to take them just to be around my kids.  Then I had to take them not to be around my kids.  Its a awful thing to worry how your going to make it through the month and how your going to get the pills to do it.  All the doctors I have lied to, all the hours I wasted sitting in the doctors offices.. I would get my pills like most of us at any price.  They have been put first before even the health of my family.  I cant wait to be set free of these demon pills, lol.. If you think about it thats all they are and nothing less.  I just pray  that I have the strength to get through this..  I am so glad that you have givin your to a trusted friend.  I gave mine to my mother.  I just wish I had some valuim to take when everything got bad,, But, tomorrow is a new day and I like you wil get through it,,, Good luck, my heart goes out to you,,, keep me posted,,, I will follow your progress  Peace....
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for the kind words! I also wish you the best with your taper. It sure isn't easy, but looking at it in all...the w/d's are too  much, at least for me. So I think now with me not having control over that bottle, this may actually be what I need to be finally done with these things once and for all!

I hate them! And still don't understand why I even take them anymore. But like you said..now it is more just to function than anything else!

Thank you again and many thoughts your way!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Hi Tracy.  I am in the same position as you.  I have a bulging disk and early disk degeneration and also need to lose weight.  I have had the same thoughts as you about if I lose weight maybe my back pain will get better.  I currently take oxy and perc everyday and have tapered down quite a bit and take 1 oxy in the morning and 1 at night with 1 percocet 7.  If I go lower than that the w/d's get me.  I also have restless leg syndrome and that goes crazy.  If I didnt have the RLS I would be able to get through this.

Good luck and I hope you can do it!!

Beth
Helpful - 0
HI, thank you for the kind words. Yes the RLS..is a nightmare in itself. I HOPE as I am tapering this won't be too bad. And I HOPE it disapears when I am completely off the meds. It is a nerve racker isn't it? I get very very aggitated. Toss turn, toss turn, punch my pillow, LOL. I get really agrivated. That is what keeps me from sleep! It sucks.

Sounds like your taper is working well, glad to hear that!

Take care and good luck!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Just a suggestion

Since you are Rx'd three a day... and have been taking way more... why don't you cut the mid-day one in half and take the other half say in 4 hours... and then at night time do your whole one to sleep.

You survived yesterday... all day with one half a pill right?

So do your Morning one
then take a half
then take another half
then a whole  

This way... it won't seem so bad... when you are ready to taper you can nix one half of the mid-day pills.

Just a thought...

Gip
Helpful - 0
I think thats a great choice you made, and yes it is not easy having kids and having to pull yourself out of bed when all you want to do is lay there and die.. I am not a morning person at all thats one thing I think I loved so much about the pills.  They made it so easy to get out of bed and face the day. It was not a big issue to get the day rolling with the pills.  Then, we begin to notice that we take them just to function.  They are awful, and I do commend you with your desciion.  I tapered in 3 days because I was just so done, but, I slipped up today.  I had the W/Ds so bad I just could not take it.  I am going back on again, but, I need to go to the doctor to get something to calm me down before I continue... I hope your withdrawl is smoother than mine... Dont worry about the extra weight that you have on because if you can do this then you can do anything you want,,, Take care of getting this monkey off your back and the world is yours,,,, God bless,,, Good luck,,,
Helpful - 0
Thanks hun, and you do the same. Please keep me posted as well.

Best of luck to ALL of us!!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Wow. You ALL amaze me--your bravery and heart. I know it's easy to think of ourselves as the 'week ones' as we are addicted to something others are not BUT the REALITY is that we are NOT WEEK, we are ADDICTED. CERTAINLY it comes down to the strength not to 'use', but we are not at fault for not always having all the strength IN us--it takes support.

I am day THREE of c/t.

This past weekend,when I decided I HAD to quit, instead of giving up the last of what I had (and I have no chronic pain with which to contend) I spent the weekend using it up--which mostly only made me feel GROSS and then made the w/d WORSE as the level was MUCH HIGHER than it would have been. Genious, eh?

Day 1: I was inconsolable--sorrow flooded through me and, despite my understanding of what it was, I could not get 'on top' of it. Also, my 'sinus canals' all began to hurt, everything began to ache, even my teath (and, as I said, I have no chronic pain on which to attribute this to--NONE)

Day 2: Much less sorrow, sinus canals TERRIBLE, aching out of control. I own my pown home but it's tiny and the hot water heater seems to be about 2 cups BUT I spent the day and night in and out of the shower--getting out when it got cold and, much like I did with my PILLS, just killing time until I could 'score' another shower.

Day 3 (today):No sinus issues although did think to start on an antibiotic in case there was something secondary (cold?) going on that was either masked by the pills or brought on by my system being compromised by w/d.

So eher I am. I had no idea there were 'places' like this on the Internet. I am so lucky to have found this SITE and to have found THIS 'Question' with your posts!! Jessica
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your decision and progress hun! You definately came to the right place for support.

This forum is like one HUGE family. We all are here for each other and the support is just incredible. Tons of information, suggestions, etc. etc.

I suggest you post as much as you can/want. Someone is always on to lend out their hand to help. I knew I had a problem, knew I needed to stop but just never knew how or where to start. Too scared, etc.

I found this forum doing a search on Withdrawels from Vic's. I have been here since. Been about a month. Although I am not "clean" yet, I am working on it, and I have to say if it was not for this forum and the people in it, I do not think I would be doing what I am doing now. I never thought I would give up my precious bottle EVER.

This site, and the people inspire me so much. Not to mention how much support they give.

Welcome to the family!

Many prayers your way!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Why do some of my comments show but others seem not to? They are 'listed' in the List of Quesions that then reports the comments for each ... ?
Helpful - 0
Thank you, Tracy--it's nice to be "home" as it's been a long, strange trip (grin, wince, grimace). Jessica
Helpful - 0
GOod idea! I have tossed around so many ways to taper yanno?
( hehe, got that from you the "yanno")

ANd it all just gets more and more confusing, lol. Which doesn't take much lately for me to get confused anyway! So many ways to do it, not being able to make up mind which one to go with.

But good idea g/f! Thanks for the help!

HUggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
The fact that my sons fathers new wife makes comments about my being fat really upsets me then also. Does my son think this of me too?? She has told me I am an embarrasment to my son, not just from weight but other things she has no clue about. She just tried to eat at me is all. But my weight and my back pain really make me feel so worthless when it comes to my kids. Like I said this morning a perfect example. And it has been a looong time since I had that much pain! And that part of not being able to get out of bed, but forcing myself somehow to do that. Self pity? I hope not. But really gets me down just the same. My son did hear me say over the phone to a friend of mine that I was fat..I said it about myself in conversation. My son heard it and said Mom your not fat..those words from him were like gold to me and hit me square in the heart.

But you all know how it is...the pain..which this morning was sooo unbearable..reminds me of why I started these pills to begin with. But I know that I can't continue to be on them. Maybe when I am all done with this jam I got myself into, dr and I can find something NON narcotic to help in between advil. But for now I will have to just stick it out. When I tried getting out of bed this morning..I thought of every one of you. ANd everyone who has children and HAS to force themselves out of bed no matter what. And know I am not alone, and that it takes a strong person to do this. I don't feel strong right now, but in time I may. So hats off to all of you who are doing this med free. So on that note..I am just rambling again, I needed to get this out. And fore warning..this is just the start of my journey! But I feel safe here, and that is what matters most to me! I know you will all listen no matter how much I repeat myself, LOL. Lots of love to all of you! And..a comfortable day to everyone!
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.