Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

When will I get some energy back?

I am quitting on Sunday morning.  In the past when I have quit c/t I have no energy to do anything.  I have absolutely NO ambition.  I don't want to work, have sex, nothing.  I have been clean for a month before and never gotten the energy back.  People tell me to get some exercise.  I don't want to. I don't want to do anything.  Will the energy ever come back?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your words are right on again.  This is my syndrome...trying to do way too much while I should just be focusing on the positive aspects of recovery.  I am tired of the tail wagging the dog.

Peace.  Thanks a lot for your words of wisdom this evening.
Helpful - 0
WHAT IS C/T ?
Helpful - 0
I didn't know either. The first day or so I was like "c/t, what the hell is this??!!"

cold turkey

:-)

Jessica
Helpful - 0
It will. The time it takes depends upon your DOC and the amount and duration of use. I would suggest trying to 'let it be' rather than (if possible) hyper-focus on how you don't feel (yet), or how you want to feel (now), etc. We addicts are BIG on assessing how we feel, deciding what's wrong with it and where we want to 'be', and taking any course necessary to adjust things. It's like being in control of the weather. At first, drug use works great--we can control it, use it to do what we want, etc. But we loose that control and it's hard to remember that when w/d'ing as it SEEMS like all we'd have to do is 'use' to feel better but it actually stopped working--it was working US. But now you're in a place where you have tolisten to the weather report and make due with what you got. You can't predict how you'll feel during w/d (no matter how many times before), you have towait, see, and make due.

BUT, no doubt, it totally, absolutely sucks.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.