Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicodin help...please...first time on here

hello all.....i have been using vikes for 9 months on a regulary basis...example...i wake up at 1030am and take 3 norcos ...then at 4pm take 2-4 more...then at 9pm i take 3-5 more..then i bartend till 200am...then i come home and take 2-3 watch a movie to wind down pass out at 4-5am...then start over again...thats a lot...plus i am a type two diabetic..but i have an ok diet and i want to stop using...but when i go a day without i cant function...i mean my legs f'n kill me like crazy and cant sleep...i took 4 tylenol pm's and nothing...got 1 hour of sleep....cant get out of bed...dont know what to do ??please give me some advice...oh ya...if i run out i have used morphine patches to ease it up...only 3 patches in the past month...i was getting the vikes from my doctor cuz i have a lot of body ache prior to the vikes...now i have that plus the wd's...what to do??
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
good morning!!! i too was taking 5-7 norcos a day.i got sooo tired of the rat race of "how many days more untill my script is filled" "how can i get some more"........so on monday i quit. cold turkey.today is saturday and i feel great! the 1st 2 days were the worst. i kept very busy drank a ton of water and vitamin water( @ any store, got mine @ target) fruit punch flavored with potassium and vit c.  the quicker you push all of that from your system the better you'll feel. ihave osteoarthritis in my neck and degenerative disk disease. I'm only 37. so i am choosing to do everything i can to help myself the right way.( trust me taking a pill is soo much easier yes, and pain is gone almost immedietly. but do i want to do this forever,,,?no!) i go to the chiropractor, and massage therapy what a huge help and massage therapy gets out the toxins better.you can do this!!!! i'll be hre to help you every step of the way!! i'll keep checking with you!!!!!!dallas
Helpful - 0
You have three choices.

1. Quit cold turkey and suffer w/d's for 4-6 days.
2. Talk to your doctor and be honest with him.  He got you started on these and he can help you quit.
3.  This one I don't recommend.  Continue using.
This is really not an option because you are here looking for help.  

The first step is wanting to quit.

WE are here to help you.

JOE
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
get yourself some hylands restful legs tabs. they help alot. also look up the thomas recipe on this forum will also help. you are in the right place we are all here trying to stop. most of us are or were on some kind of opiate. some are going cold turkey and some are tapering..like me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.