Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

the next step.

I have decided to take myself off of Tiaprofenic. I don't know if it is masking anything and the only way to find out is to stop and see. It is possible that Tylenol extra strength might do the job. If I have inflamation in the back it will let me know soon enough. Tomorrow will be two weeks away from oxy. Crowd stands up and cheers. Newspapers send out reporters to cover the story. Pharmaceutical companies send out spies to see if this is true and to find a way to combat it. Prime Minister of Canada holds special session in Ottawa to honour Oxy withdrawal hero. Modest Mangee embarrassed by accolades. New holiday declared and is to be known as Mangee Day. Population wants flag to bear image of Mangee. More to come.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
OMG it is true though how are you you didnt eat  at EVIL DENNYS while you were gone did you? happy to hear your doinggood
Helpful - 0
THAT'S LIFE

On the first day, God created the dog and said:

"Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said : "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?"

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said: "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have ca lves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves.
For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family.
For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.
And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you...

Hee hee!!
Allen
Helpful - 0
It will be better each day I am sorry about my last post I need to prof read better. I meant what kind drug are you coming off of. I may have some recommendations for you?? my wife is a state certified drug/alc. counselor. Nice to here from the UK I live in no.ca. so it must be about 5am there?

Helpful - 0
Every one is different I am on day 12 still don't fell good but getting better. I do not know what getting off of?
Helpful - 0
thanks, it's helpful to know, is there an improvement despite feeling **** or is it better than the first few days? stay strong we will do it...we have to.
Helpful - 0
i'm reading, and laughing. i'm wide awake in the uk thanks to codeine withdrawal and desperate for some help, support and advice. well done with all your progress. i'm afraid i have no knowledge of the meds and their contents that  mention, but as i'm finding out withdrawal from anything is unbearable. i'm barely managing two hours sleep in 24 hours at the mo and the restlessness is killing me mentally and physically. can you help. how long do i go through this.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
we are a bit crazy tonight. sorry. most of us have either been tapering off or in cold turkey withdrawls this week. i think we have gotten stir crazy. if you need to vent talk or anything...anything at all just post and ask. its 11:22pm here on the east coast of the us. i will be up for a few more hours.

stephanie
Helpful - 0
ever tryed aleive ? it has worked great for me,I have a lower back injury and this stuff takes most of the pain away
Helpful - 0
I keep having more fun here then watching deliverance tree climbers!!I hope you read some earlier post from me!
Helpful - 0
This has been the silliest day I have ever seen on this board.  Is it because some of us are finally regaining our sense of humor?  I wonder if anyone who really needs help is reading all of this?  LOL.

Great post.  

JOE
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
that was great you and arlington are cracking me up tonight. congrats you are amazing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.