Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

sunday afternoon, checking in..

i broke my taper schedule last night. when i took out my pills late at work. i took a whole instead of a half. i am back on track today.i waited 14 hours to take my next dose. and confessed to my husband that i did it. pain makes your judgement cloudy..
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sure was fun watching the guy formerly known as Prince, and now known as Purple Prince, singin in the purple rain. =D

Hmmmmmm..... What is his name anyways?????

Even though I had the sound down all the way LOL.

That's the way! Head on down to Florida, the other golden state! Some people do go back and forth, my Aunt for instance. She goes to her home in Florida in the winter, and back to Tenn in the summer.

I guess it would be kinda hard to do that and juggle a career.

24' burrr it is a blizzard! That would be almost the lowest temps we ever get around these parts.

Chin up!

Allen
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
consider yourself adopted.. i have company so i will be on later after they leave hope some people are around then.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yeah i was bummed about it last night.. feeling better today. an hour after i did it i realized it was a mistake.
Helpful - 0
It is ok a least you admitted to it. That's the first step.
Hi!!!
Helpful - 0
I feel like I can tell you guys over and over that I broke my taper and you will support me.  I am human...I know this, but at some point I need to get tough with myself and not ignore the problem.  It won't go away if I just dismiss it as human error, just the way creek acts, you know....excuses, excuses.  I am  just not truthful to myself because it is way easier to ignore it.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Please don't be so hard on yourself for a half of pill....you have a tough job... your hands are wet all day, you stand all day... prolly have to listen to people you don't want to hear all day.   The life of a hair stylist... *phew*....

You are taking action... tapering to me is a real test of human discipline.   Yer back on track and that's all that really matters is your determination.

I want to ask you something?   It's 19 deg here in NJ will you adopt me 'til say April?   LOL...

This shame and guilt we are all feeling about mis using or abusing Rx Meds...is not serving anyone of us a purpose...one half a pill is not like taking 10 and getting stoned...it takes a while to first make up our minds we want to stop...then it's an effort to make up our minds how we are going to stop, meaning C/T or slow taper...but it all comes down to taking that last pill... and if we need one for pain then WHAT... does that label us a druggie for the duration?  I don't know...

Think about the adoption... I am really HATING THIS WEATHER.

Take Care of YOU
Gip
Helpful - 0
i broke my taper as well. i'm with you there but you are more controlled than me, i'm waiting for all i went through to kick in again, so don't be hard on you. it's called being human. be kind to you.
Helpful - 0
Wow Gip!! That is bone chilling cold!

I dont know how you all do that??????

My sister moved to wisconsin about 11 years ago, and still lives there, and I am totally fabbergasted that a california born and raised girl could go to the arctic to live????

Man when it gets to 32' here we think a blizzard came through! A few weeks ago it hovered in the low 20's for about a week, and wiped out all the crops. Especially the oranges, so watch the prices on fresh oranges, and veggies go through the roof!

All the farmers are calling for a national disaster! LOL
They already called it a state disaster. It is all about the money. The govenator even took away the week waiting period for unenjoyment insurance.

I am sending some cali golden warmth rays to ya all in those freezing states!

Allen
Helpful - 0
Well it's 24 now...

I hate winters here... luckily we only have two-weeks of weather like this...

But my problems are over... FlaAddict just adopted me... so I'm packin up for FLA.

Wouldn't it be grand if life were just that bleepin simple.

In my next life I want to come back as "my" dog....

Just having a moment

Gip
Helpful - 0
yeaaaaaaaaa.... I'm on my way...

"The sun will come out tomorrow... bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun"  <--- add the tune!

Betcha a lot of you will be singing now...

Good night folks... time for me to meet that pillow

Gip
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
pack your bags, detoxing in warm weather is WAY better than cold. its been rainy but still 70ish during the day. last night it got chilly enough for the electric blanket.
Helpful - 0
Sure does doesn't it.

Glad to hear your back on track :)

And glad to see you here today! :0

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.