Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
I was arrested the other night for something I dont remember doing. well I have been addicted to pain killers for 2 years. I have 3 daughters and I am married and Im only 24. well jail opened my eyes. now I have been without the pills for 2 days and feeling really bad. I have taken robaxin and trezadone. someone told me can coke and chocolate helps the cravings. I am trying to rest and not take pills. I have no pills in the house but I want them so bad. my husband took my keys so I can go get any, which I thank him for that. I have wanted to get off the pills for a long time but nothing worked until I went to jail and now I have a motivation, but its still so hard. I feel like I have been ran over about 100 times. If anyone has anymore advise I would be thankful.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
keep yourself busy, when your bored that is all you will think about are the pills. Play a video game, spend time with your children. They will remind you of why you need to quit. I wish you the best of luck.
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Congratulations on taking the big step to quit and welcome to our family.

Yes, it is likely you will feel terrible for 3-4 days.  Your body is changing back to normal and flushing the drugs out of your tissues...plus, you body's systems will be going back to normal functioning.

Please...check in with the forum when you want support.  Most of us have recently gone through the same ordeal and can reassure you.

I don't know about coke and candy bar.  I got comfort the first few days from Oreo Double-Stuff and milk.
Now, I decided that healthy foods were my best ally. In the morning I cut up some fruit and veggies and have them in the frig ready anytime I want.  

Your husband and children are soon going to get back the wife/mom they love so much.  They should be very happy knowing you are making progress.  Please, do not be afraid to ask them for help at this time.  They are your best allies.

~George~
Day 14

Helpful - 0
its so true, your kids are your strongest motivation. when i would be sick from being w/out for a day or two, my daughter only 5yr at the time said "mommy take your lorcet" how sad, kids see and understand so much more tha we give them credit for. i acyually up and left my kids in FL with their dad on x-mas day and came to wisconsin. i had to get away from the easy access, addicts make friends w/ other addicts. IT'S KILLING ME TO BE AWAY FROM THEM,yet the pain in my heart has caused me to relapse (good ol'  E.R.) i know i have to do it this time, i have a goal, I go in march to get my girls, and they will ahve there old mommy back, if it kills me! withdrawals are HELL they wont kill, but will make u wish u were dead. be strong, think of the smiles on childrens face, and hug them every chance you can. if you slip, it;s ok, just get back up and keep moving forward. hope this helps you.
Helpful - 0
OMG I couldn't even imagine.  Being a parent is the worse part.  We try so hard to do right by our kids, set a positive example and show them right from wrong.  Then here right underneath them we are doing the very thing we preach about not doing.  I miss walking to the park, enjoying that time with my kids. When they want me to hang with mom I just cry for not "feeling" it (they are teens after all), now I tell myself that if I can fight this, maybe just maybe I can convince hubby for one more baby.  I want just one more, so badly.  Being as I have no tubes a doctor will have to be involved :)  We are 33 year old high school sweethearts with a 16, 14 and 12 year old.  The idea of one more makes him shiver and run *lol*

You are further ahead of me and for that I have admiration.  Your 2 days clean, regardless of how you got there, your there and that is important.  I am still trying to taper and hoping to one day make that post that says "oxy free today" :)

I just found this place this weekend and just from reading, I can feel the caring, emotional support.
Helpful - 0
I am on day 2 also c/t so I know how you feel. Think of your kids and how sick you are now feeling. I hope this keeps me from going back to norco 10-15/day.  Stay strong and God bless your husband for sticking by your side. You can do this and so can I!  My husband has taken all my credit cards and checks the computer. I don';t know if this is the answer but I do know I owe him and my four children their mom back. Just came to the forum yesterday and have found many caring and kind people who only want to help us and themselves!  Stay strong!!!
Helpful - 0
i see so many here today w/ kids. Isnt it our kids that truly suffer from this "monkey on our back" that we all have. True we are ultimately hurting us, but we also hurt our loved ones. I regret the past 5 years i've put myself and girls thru. I dont think my 6yr old even knows me anyother way!!! my 10 yr old sure does. SO to everyone out there with kids... they are our greatest gift in life and should be our greatest joy too. Yet we've been living w/ this fog over us and have ,missed so much. i found this site last week, and its a god send... so many people here who seem to genuinely care and help. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU....
Helpful - 0
Fight hard to make it through this...YOU CAN do it!  I will keep you in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
just posted but read some more posts. you're right. when you have kids you rob them of the real you.all my kids have known is the "pill" dad.i just found out my 19 yr. old son is drinking heavily.i didn't even realize because i'd be in bed by 9pm from the pills.he'd come home late, go to bed, and i would never realize.like i said in a previous post, i went to a n/a meeting.i think coming here and posting is better therapy.i have to keep saying it, but DAY 7, no stinking pills.and you know what, it feels good.i,m going to make it this time.no relapses.if i have to go w/d again,i'll shoot myself. thanks all
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.