Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hello All Sorry I Have Been Gone. I Missed You!!!

Sorry, I haven't been around lately. I have been so busy and have been home to sleep and that's it. Anyways, I have missed you all. How is everyone doing? I feeling so much better and doubled my vitamin B12. That helped alot. onlinewith I hope you are doing good. Tracy how are you? Well, post me some updates.
XOXO, Heather
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Sunny, I'm kind of new to the site. I enjoy the people that I have met.
Welcome back
Helpful - 0
Thanks beach. My name is Heather. I am 30 years old and have been off pills for 47 days now. I came here on my 2nd day in cold turkey withdraw and read until my 9th day. At that time I finally posted and man how I should have posted way before. Everyone is so great here. As I see there are a lot of new people here. I am praying I can help, support or even lead a shoulder in one way or another for someone else. I hope you are well and if you need anything please ask...  Heather
Helpful - 0
Hi Heather,
My name is Michael it is nice to meet you.
I have been clean for over a year, I stumbled over this site. I still suffer from depression and cravings although they are subsiding as time goes by.
Its helps me to speak with others and makes me feel great by some of the comments I have recieved since joining.

Thanks,
Michael
Helpful - 0
Good to hear from ya.Also,im glad to see your doing well.How did your dr's visit go?Did you make it there?Have you been sleeping better?

As far as myself,im doing great.Its been 2 weeks since i have had anything and im perfectly ok with it.Im down to 5-9 cig's a day compaired to 1-1.5 packs a day.Feeling better and better every day now.

Once the smoking habit is completly gone,my next step is to get back into weight lifting.Between smoking and taking the med's,i completly lost interest in it.Or should i say,i never felt like doing more than my daily life required.

The wellbutrin seems to be working perfectly in more ways than one as well.As far as the xanax i have,i have not took any in 3 days now.I have plenty,but i told myself i would only take one if i couldnt sleep,which hasnt been a problem in a few days now.

After taking those pain med's for so many years,i had totally forgot what it felt like to live "normal".Now that im "here" i can truly say its wonderful.My attitude has changed alot "from what people are telling me" in only 2 weeks off of those things.

Thanks for letting us know you doing well.

Cheers,
Helpful - 0
Michael, I also suffer from depression. I have since 1999 when I had my first child. I took Prosaic (spell check LOL) for about 7 months and was able to quite and felt fine. My Dr. seem to think it was post par. Then in 2001 after I had my little girl I went back onto it. Got off after three months. About 2 months later I started having straight up panic attack. I would get upset about something then I wouldn't be able to breath, my heart would feel like it was going to explode, I would get dizzy and very nauseous. When I wasn't feeling that way I would be either really mad or really sad. From that I went back to the Dr. and he said I was suffering from anxiety with was making me have the panic attacks and depression. He put me on Effexcsar (spell check) I was on that until Sept. of 2006. I felt like I was all good and decided it was time to get off. So I tapered off and was still OK. Two days after being off them completely I thought I was going to die. I couldn't get out of bed I just wanted to crawl under a rock and die. It was awful.. Of course I called the Dr. and now I am Zolofe (spell check). In the past I thought it worked fine. Then I quite the Vic.s and norcos. I didn't really feel that great for about a month. Very lazy and burned out feeling. I got to talking to a few others about it and I had mentioned to ONLINEWITH that I took it in the am when I got up. She said OH NO it makes you really sleepy. So about a week now I have been taking it at night. I see a change but I don't know if it is doing that or maybe its the vitamin intake I increased. Not sure??? I am going to the Dr. I couldn't get in right away so I am just waiting. I am hopping he will give me something that will help with feeling so darn drain. That is the worst part for me at this point. I don't want to do anything. Yet, I don't want to lay around. My body is lazy yet me mind is busy..... IM sure a lot of us feel that way. That is why I LOVED my pills so much. I was superwoman and supermom. I would get up and go and go ALL day and night. Maybe I compare that to the way I feel now. I also still get cravings but then I think about how I felt for 9 days when I quit. Never want to do that again. So are you on any meds. for the depression? Do you have words for any of them? What's better and worse in your opinion of course. LOL Well, thanks for listing to me ramble.... Heather
Helpful - 0
Hey there I am so glad to see you are around. I happy that you stuck with it. I am proud. The smoking is so good. HELP ME WITH THAT PLEASE LOL.... After I start to feel NORMAL (if possible) I will tackle that also. I did call the Dr. of course they couldn't get me in right away. He was out of town and gets bak on Tue. I see him on Thurs. afternoon unless they have a cancellation. I am so ready I want to get this right. I want to feel good again but without the pills I love. Thank you by the way for telling me to take them at night. I started do that and I do see a difference. But, I also started taking more vitamins. I had got this book from the library about vitamins and there use. Was I ever shocked to see that a multi vitamin isn't close to what a person needs. So I got some extra B-12, C and Iron. Therefore IM not quite sure if taking them or taking the Zolof at night is making it better. Maybe a combination of both.. Who knows. So thank you very much. I will let you know about the Dr. on Thurs. I will be here posting all week. I had so much stuff going on last week plus the weather was so crazy, the kids schools were even closing. Anyways, Thanks again sweetie. Have a great day tom. XOXO, Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.