Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

thelida is everything kool?

I was thinking about you today, just wanted you to know I'm still here.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, I want to thank you for being there for me last night, and also that you were thinking about me.
Talking with you really helped a lot. My boyfriend finally called me back today and ended up comming over for a little bit.
I'm going to try to get him to spend more time with me, and hopefully by expressing my love for him maybe that will give him some joy and strength. I also need to be around him more to get a better understanding of where he is with the pills. Apparently he's broke, behind in his rent, and if he doesn't get the job he just had an interview with he's going to have to try to get food stamps (this makes him feel very low). So..basically if he's still taking pills every day when he's in this situation, he has one hell of a problem.  I guess there's some spark of hope in me that thinks maybe since he's this broke he's off the pills.  But I should kick myself hard for thinking that because I doubt it's true.  I've developed an aversion to "hope" after putting so much of it into so much and having my hope crushed again and again.
I just haven't seen him enough to know where he's at anymore.
I'm just going to be here for him, and if he is still using daily, when the time is right I'll try to help him see, again, that he has to do something about it.
Then I'll even resort to the tough love if I have to.  I'll do anything, but I'll never give up on him.
Thanks again. If you ever really need someone to talk to I'm here for you!
Helpful - 0
He is in a very dangerous mind set right now. You mentioned his rent is over due, his finanaces are bad,  you mention food stamps, depression will come hard and if he isn't careful pills will defenately come.
Sorry if these words don't look good but one thing I had to do was to swear myself to honesty and never try to justify the truth to my convienence.
Don't enable him or he will use again.

Don't baby him he is a grown man.

Good luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.