Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hopefully going to start tomorrow...

dont know if anyone knows us, but my husband and i are addicted to tabs...usually 15-18 10s a day each...very expensive, seeing as how we dont have scripts...but ive been posting here and getiing info...and if i can get over my nerves of calling this dr. then i am tomorrow...my husband is weak...begging me to get more...im like honey where should i pull the money from this time? your a** or mine?...we got 30 10s yesterday...i still have my 10...does anyone know if we should be off or should we save them bc they will taper us at the dr.?...

congratulations to all who have started their long journey to sobriety!!!...we will join you guys one day...just remember 1 day at a time...

thank you
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
and another personal question...i guess to the ladies and gentlemen...does anyone have a problem with sex?...i hope to god its not just me...im 31 hubby is 23 and i am depriving him...we have maybe 3 times a month...i dont know what it is...i still love him and i am very attracted to him...whats the problem?...is it the pills?...

HELP

we had a huge fight last night bc he wanted and i didnt...and he is a guy who does not think before he speaks, so he said a lot of hurtful things...and he is quick to apologize, but i am not quick to forget...i have got to get over myself i guess...but who wants sex when they dont want it...ya know?

thanks
Helpful - 0
Congrats :)

Second baby step (your first was admitting you need the help). This is great news, I am so happy :)

Call the Dr. let them know how these pills have taken over your life, the amount per day and let them know you are looking for help in leaving them behind you.  Each Dr. is differnt in how they handle patients.  Mine is taping me off, because we know the pain is still there, others will use suboxone (not sure how to spell it) which from what i understand you can't take pills while on it or you get very sick, and can't take more that prescribed, again, sick.

WTG on saving your 10 that is a big step.  it sounds like you hold more self control than your hubby (men your all babies, come on addmit, you get a cold you need a blankie, soup, ginger ale... we love ya *grin* )  Seriously it is good to hear that one of you is taking on the role of the rock.  
Helpful - 0
thanks for your commetns...and yes guys are babaies...lol...but that is why we love them...we are natural mommies...yes i am calling a dr. tomorrow about the subuxone or the other...im just nervous to tell someone outside my family the things we are doing...i mean i cant even tell my mother and she is my best friend...but suck it up right?..

i wish the best for you...and hope your day is wonderful!!
Helpful - 0
missed you guys the past few days
pat yourself on the back for still having those 10, i doubt i could of done that. my sister holds my meds (when i had them) and as far as sex we seem to be in the same boat dear... i'm 32 and my b/f is 27, and yes i have "no sex drive" but i dont know if its because of the pills, cause i also had hysterctomy at age 27 and take hormone pills, so who knows? i always blamed it on my hormones, but maybe you got it right, it very well could be the pills, i noticed since i've been off of them i am starting to get a little of my drive back.

maybe others out there may know???
Helpful - 0
also when i called the dr about subox., they talked to me over the phone, answered my questions and never asked my name. so dont be nervous, you dont have to tell them who you are until your ready. its over the phone, they cant see you, kinda like talking online
Helpful - 0
Your not alone...I too have no sex drive, and when it's attempted, very very difficult to reach an orgasm, most of the time can't.  Sooo, in my opinion, it is due to the pills.  Glad to hear I wasn't alone in this...always thought it was just me too as I also had an hysterectomy and thought they had something to do with it, but had levels checked and everything "physically" is working o.k according to doc.
Helpful - 0
wow you huys!!!...it is such a relief to know i am not alone on the sex thing...and tink thanks so much for the info on calling...and you are right...i can *67 and hang up right...lol...no i really need this...

i hope you guys are doing well...and thanks for the welcome back!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.