Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicaddict and others.

That was a great post you wrote to oxybliss, vicddict. From what I have seen, you and others have grown in stature. A lot of the comments I have read lately have shown a tremendous growth in the understanding of the hurts of others. This can only serve to give a gigantic push to those who are faltering. I know that when I see the anxious moments that most of you feel for others and their problems in spite of your own, I feel a glow and a pride in the inhabitants of this forum. I can promise you this, although my problem was doctor related, it has led me here and I will proudly proclaim my association with all here and show one and all, that there is as much heart or more here, than anywhere else. I have the highest regards for you all. Keep on track and keep the faith.    Mannie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Aww hun..this is an awesome post and oh so true!..I thank you for this from the bottom of my heart.

Hope you are doing well, and thank you again sweety.

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Very well said Manny, I went to an NA meeting tonight and talked about this site. Some of the Drama I put myself in, some of the posts that I take to heart and stay with me for hours after I leave this site.
I posted earlier about some great news, something really great happened in Hubbyshelpers life today and I am so happy for her. She has been in so much mental anguish. It was truely nice to read her post......
Helpful - 0
Hello Mannie, I'm really pleased that you are doing better now and seem to be over the worst. How's the insomnia treating you lately? Has it improved? I hope it has. I always really enjoy reading your posts. I don't know if it's because your an older gentleman, but you always seem to bring an air of decorum and common sense to the forum, especially your comments regarding some of the silly infighting which occurs from time to time. Although addiction is a terrible disease that you you wouldn't wish on anyone, wouldn't you agree that once you have had a brush with it you develop a sense of empathy and understanding that may not otherwise have been present. In this respect it means that a better more compasionate person emerges once the battle with addiction has been won.
Wishing you all the best and many years of future happiness, Graeme.
Helpful - 0
You always seemt to be the voice of reason on this forum when everything starts to go to "Hell in handbasket" (Always liked that saying).  Thank you for being such a positive and strong force on the forum....we can learn so much from you.
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.