Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mornin everyone

still no sleep or very little in 72 hrs.over w/ds now starting day 4 i feel good no cravings no crawling out of my skin no aches and pains.i just wish for sleep thank god i think no i should say i know i can beat this addiction.everyone here is very supportive of everyone else here and i want to be also.we can beat this i know im no doctor if you can deal with crawling out of skin for 3 days id say c/t is the best way to quit.but to each there own but were all here for each other and that helps me alot.i know no one in here but i feel like i know you all because we have one thing in common addiction.thanks for the support i know i can beat this  the bowhunter
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good AM....great job and yes you can beat this....I'm glad you're feeling better today!  I think Questions4u idea is a good one...we are still there for those who really need the help but some positive personal stories can really help them see that there is a good life in recovery!!!! Keep it up!
Peace
Helpful - 0
Hi bow,

Thank you so much for your earlier reply to my post where you so graciously offered encouragement to someone who has no willpower left I am afraid.  I am so glad that you are feeling better today.  Just knowing the worst is over, is something.  I know I if ever do get off this stuff, I would be so afraid to take that first pill again.  You talked about just getting through the first 3 or 4 days and it would be better - but for me it is those three or four days that I cannot bear the thought of, those three days can seem like a year, and without my husband here now for support, I am just so scared.  Please ignore my whining and my lame excuses, but it is how I feel. Believe me - I know that is all they are, just excuses.  Thanks again, bowhunter, for your encouragement, I will remember you if the day ever comes that I can post a thread like yours, gosh to be on day 4, that is so cool.  Hang in there.  I am so happy for you!

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
cindy im on along hard road to recovery. just one day at a time im sorry your hubby is not here anymore. is there anyone you can talk to?that is my biggest help is to tell my friends and my family. i know days to3and4 are hard all i can say is thank god for my wife she is supportive. talk to someone you trust.dont let anyone judge you. you didnt do this on purpose we all got here the same way the meds took the pain away and we liked liveing pain free.it just took more meds for the pain. all i can say is thank god for bad reaction to fentanyl patch or i did still be useing them. cindy youll make it.stay strong were all here for you if you want off you can do it talk to someone is the best advise i can give plus this forum really really helped me alot. this is my new addiction to help as many of you as i can. i used to count days till my next script now on day four i look at my elk head on the wall and now all iwant is for elk season in colorado to get so i can get another with my bow.just think of things like that and you all can kick it.sure we all may fall every now and then theres nothing wrong with as long as you can pick your self back up and get on the right path again were all human we make mistakes. no one should judge anyone in here were all the same we just need help each other get through the first week the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.