Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Did I REALLY mess up?

Alright so today I decided to go to work because I was feeling well enough for it. When I was there I found one.... oh no. I was ignoring it for the longest, and I was on day 5... DAY 5!! Unfortunately I gave in and took a half of it, just a half.

Now I'm not feeling really bad but I'm starting to feel sort of uncomfortable again.

My question is... has anyone else ever given in a little like that? Does everyone think I just sentenced myself to what I went through already? Or maybe it will just be a little uncomfortable tonight and then be gone?
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hate that I took it, looking back it so wasn't worth it.

And now I'm really worried about feeling bad again, especially worrying myself about how bad I'm going to feel again... wondering how bad it's going to get and how long it will take to go back to the point I was.

Such a stupid mistake.
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
im sure we've all succumbed to those cravings especially wen we r hanging.dont beat urself up.guilt is toxic to the addict and  often fuels the addiction.ur doin great really.good luck on ur journey.
Helpful - 0
Isn't amazing after just suffering through W/Ds you find a pill and 1/2 it down,,was the justification just half reasonable.....?

No big deal but if you would of found 8 would you of only taken four...?

That is addiction..............

Keep working on recovery, it is very hard!!!!
Helpful - 0
I think I'm worrying myself about how bad I'm going to feel again more than anything

...that's probably why I was hoping someone else had made this mistake and could shed some light on it for me. :(
Helpful - 0
I have made this mistake, I'm not saying it did not set back my W/D process, but it defenitly will not restart the process.

As far as I could tell it had no effect on my recovery.
Helpful - 0
My guess is that we have all made the same mistake. I have been making it everyday. You had a slip. My intuition is that it won't put your w/d's back at square 1. Your mind-talk will be your greatest enemy. It would be easy to say, "well, I found a pill and took half. Nothing real bad happened, maybe I can do that again" That is what I would fear more than the w/d's. Thanks for having the courage to admit you f8cked up. It helps me realize that we all struggle in the same ways with this. Keep at it. I wish I could say I made it 5 days.
Helpful - 0
throw it away dont worry youll be fine just get rid of the other half or youll take it tonight to sleep
Helpful - 0
Well I figured as much that I should get rid of it and that's fine, I  can do that.

But I am curious about the withdrawals AGAIN. It's not going to be like before is it?
Helpful - 0
Logic tells me that the worst is far behind you, but if you don't want w/d symptoms to persist any longer than necessary, flush the other 1/2. my 2 cents
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
W/D is more than the symptom.  We are trying to flush the opiates out of our bodies.  And, I mean that literally.  That is why we drink lots of water.  If you have ever rinsed out a sponge, you know it takes repeated watering and squeezing.  That is kind of what your body is doing to rid itself of drugs.

This is all to say, if you are going to flush the drugs out of your body...and, going to teach your body to function without them in the system...then, it is best to avoid any "recontamination" of your body.  

BTW:  On Day 5, when I was well enough to eat dinner, my wife and I had two bottles of pain killers as our (candlelight) dinner guests.  After dinner we walked to the bathroom and flush away 500 codeine pills.

You are doing great...and, you have learned a personal lesson in W/D.   Keep going...you can do it.

George
Week 5

Helpful - 0
well said 1911
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.