Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

admitting I'm a addict

I've taken alot of hydros I was taking 3 every 3 hours loved the zoning out I have gone down to 3 for two days and then 2 for 1 day and then 1 and now none. The WD's are a little easier I've tried before the problem I'm having is not being able to tell my husband I feel so bad he is such a strong man I think he would understand we have been through alot over the past year and I think it is due to my drug habit. I want so bad to have to refills which I have but won't I'am going to do it this time. Iam glad I found this board it helps reading everyones post and finally being able to say it. anyways thats my story going to do it!!!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
nice work. that's step one. powerless, unmanageable... next comes acceptance. i restate all of this for my benefit as well. i recently returned to a 12step program after yet another relapse. it has been almost four years of in & out recovery for myself, but i have learned to reach out (like this), talk to others, share my experience, strength & hope (however little "i" may think that may be), and to "KEEP COMING BACK!" should i falter. the "program" has shown me a new way to live and given me hope. welcome!
Helpful - 0
I lied to my husband and everyone else in the world.  The first time I admitted my addiction was here.  Anyway, just wanted to say I wish  I would have done it differently ,,,been honest...  Maybe I would still be married.  Just my opinion, after 25 year you can't get it back...DO it NOW>  YOUR RECOVERY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD.  RECOVERY!!!  You can do it and don't waste anymore time...for me, OK?  I know you can do this and  when you look back you will have good memories and know your energy was used in a loving productive way.  Do it now!
Helpful - 0
I just found this place yesterday, and I have to admit, it is the BEST!!!  These people really understand, and while they might not have all the answers, or any at all, they do want you to succeed!  We all do!  Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Hi there and welcome to what I have become to acknowledge as the best website full of wonderful people willing to lend any advice they have and any kind words to help you through this SUCCEEDING process. I am not at the point 'yet' where I can offer good advice. I too am trying to fight off this nasty taste. I just wanted you to know that everyone here will help you through making the right decision. I would, however, like to offer one small peice of advice, if you don't mind. If I were married, I would ask for nothing but straight honosty. If your husband truly loves you, he will accept this and help you in any way possible. I wish you the best with dealing with this. As everyone else has told me, keep posting with all your feelings, thoughts and battles, and we will respond with the best advice possible.

Taffy101
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.