Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 13

There were some really good posts yesterday and today. I feel really good today. I believe it was creek who said it is not the wd we are scared about it is life after pills. I could not agree more with this. I need to work on living everyday without pills and being NORMAL. I woke up feeling good, have had a good day so far at work. The only problem I am having now is my sex life. Just don't have the drive right now. I am lucky I have such an understanding fiance but I hope it comes back soon. God it feels good to finally live!! I get married in about 3 months to. I wanted to be sober for my wedding. I know I am going to do it now! On day 1,2 and 3 wasn't sure if I could. Hang in there if you are just starting. I went ct! I would rather have 3-5 days of hell than go back to that way of life again. Have a good day!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is so great, I am so glad to hear this. I'm happy to know that you want to be sober for your wedding. I have been married twice, was not sober for either one. My drug problem distroyed both my marriages, and now I am faced with raising two little angels on my own. But I know I can do it b/c of posts like yours. It's good to read things like this on your first day on going c/t. Good luck to you, I know you win this battle.

Taffy101
Helpful - 0
I am very glad to hear your having a good day.  I think its so important for anyone what honestly wants sustained sobriety to realize that the w/d stuff is the easy part.  Its not taking "just one" thats hard.  Life is not easy, but my worst day sober is better than my best day high.  That is a fast.

Now, a lot of people don't talk about all the side effects of long term drug use.  For my years of use (mostly oxy/morphine) my sex drive was so gone for a long time.  It was probably 5-6 months after I got clean that it started getting normal again.  Honestly, I didn't know what normal was for so long, that it might have taken me that long to figure it out!?  Anyway keep it up.

I can relate because I just got married last week.  While on our honeymoon I sat up in our suite b/c I couldn't sleep and watched my wife sleep a while. (Yea, you still have nights you can't sleep when your sober, no pills to help! lol) As I watched her I just thanked God that I didn't have to live life the way I did a year ago.  If it were not for the help of others, I would have been dead, no doubt.  

So I will pray for you and your situation.  My advice is to find a meeting and find people you can talk to as things come up.  Has your fiance ever had a drug problem?

God Bless
Helpful - 0
Thats really great! keep it up, and feel proud of yourself.
Helpful - 0
no, he is an angel. Does not really drink..never touched anything. I never really did either until this stupid pill thing. You are right though..the wd are hell but only last so many days. The struggle to stay sober lasts a lifetime!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.