Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Checking In Again

I came back one more time to see if things have changed here.  I am on day 7 now, I got about 5 hours of sleep last night which feels good.  I see people are trying to settle forum down, great.  I am a long time addict to many different things, alcohol was my first, it took me years to get out of that which I did through AA, then came gambling which also took me years to recover from through GA.  I know many people get turned off by 12 step programs and that is fine, it does work for some and not for others.  I learned a lot about addiction through these programs and two rehabs I had to go through for being an alcoholic.  Buy I never truly recover from my addictive mind and here I am now trying to recover from an addiction to pain medication and going through withdrawal.  I just want to tell everyone who is new or old to trying to recover from addiction, it is a process that never stops.  What I am saying is my opinion based on my personal experience and listening to the experience of many others seeking recovery from addictions.  I know for myself, will power has never worked, I need to stay involved with others in recovery for me to keep myself healthy.  (Cont)
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
(From above)
This is where I fail all the time, I will stay involved until I feel better and the messes I have made are in the past, then I start to feel strong and figure I don
Helpful - 0
Thanks Dave...that was a great post and I think many can relate to you.  No matter how we got there we are all addicts, none worse...none better...just dealing with the same beast. I know I can't do this on my own either.  I have no willpower, which is why I keep coming back here...I need support from people like you and others who know what we are dealing with!
Soundsl like you are doing ok! My prayers are with you...glad you didn't leave!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I should also give a progress report, I actually slept 5 hours last night without any herbal aids or sleeping pills, I almost feel rested this morning.  I feel good overall. Last Saturday at 5 pm was the last time I took 2 7.5/500 hydrocodones.  So one week clean now and the worst of the withdrawals are over, still takes me a few hours to get to sleep when I go to bed, but my runs are gone, I'm not feeling depressed or overwhelmed, and I am only getting two or three cravings a day.  Now my real work is going to have to start to keep myself headed in the right direction for recovery.
Helpful - 0
Did you use anything these past few days to help with the W/d symptoms?  To sleep?  Did you experience RLS?  What did you use?  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.