Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HBO Special on Addiction

I came across this and thought you all might like to know about it.  Looks like it could be very informative....

http://www.hbo.com/addiction

10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i dont HBO but i really want to see that special, is there anyone who an tape it for me?
Helpful - 0
I highly recommend looking through the website, even if you don't watch the programming.  Its one of the best websites I have came across when it comes to addiction.
Does a really good job breaking every aspect of the process down and explaining it.  

I'll see if I can talk my wife into letting me purchase a tv tuner for my laptop and record the show.  I have been looking for an excuse to buy one anyway..   :-)

Helpful - 0
Where do you live?  Im in Illinois and if you happen to be local I could try and get you a copy of it when it airs.  By the way, where is everyone from?
Helpful - 0
do you mind if i ask where in  Illinois you are?
Helpful - 0
im from pennsylvania, but currently residing in Hell
Helpful - 0
i'm in WI, just outside of milwaukee. i read your post about Suboxone, have you decided yet? i too had an appt, but cancelled like an hour before. i dont want to trade one addiction for another. you have to taper of the Subox too. since i've been going thru this for 5yrs, i remember all to well 4yrs ago when methadone was the "answer" for pain pill addiction. my family tried and tried to get me to go on it, but i didnt have a good feeling about it. and look how thats turned out!!! 4yrs ago drs said how safe it was and today they know its more addictive and the w/d are 10 times worse than pain pills are. so now they have Subox, who know what the long term outcome will be with that? this is just my personal opinion on the subject.i ahve friends on Subox who are doing great. i think the question you need to ask yourself is can you do this anyother way first? if you feel uncomfortable about going the Subox route, then i would wait. please post me back if you ahve any other questions or need to talk.

tink
Helpful - 0
I am in Glenview Il.  I will be back, my six month old is ready for a bottle........ thank you all so much for responding to me.
Helpful - 0
Missouri
Helpful - 0
I have it pre-ordered on DVD from Amazon, comes out 3/20/07 in a 4 DVD set, 3 of the DVD's are not on the HBO documentary, it sounds like it would be perfect for everyone involved, thank you for bringing it to our attention!
Helpful - 0
HBO will be running free previews this upcoming weekend to air these addiction specials ;)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.