Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is anybody out there?

I need help - my husband is having a really rough night - he's insulting me, punching walls, and just won't stop.  Is this normal for him after having so many good days? (day 6 c/t)
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Absolutely normal ... I am on day 24 and I still have a great deal of anger (just ask my kids, "Daddy, why are you being so mean?").

Of course, if there's abuse, you might wanna get out of there. Are you okay?
Helpful - 0
Just upset - it's mostly all verbal, but a lot of insensitive insults and like I said he's punching the walls.
Helpful - 0
How long does this phase last?
Helpful - 0
I wish I could tell you ... I think everyone's different, but certainly at day 6 it is still pretty d@mn hard. My guess is he'll feel much better within another few days. Is he taking other meds or drinking?
Helpful - 0
Started taking lunesta tonight.  Had a few glasses of wine at dinner.
Helpful - 0
That might be your problem. It's probably a VERY bad idea to mix alcohol with a brand new prescription sleep aid. I'd say there's a good chance he won't remember a thing tomorrow. Best bet is to try to calm him and get him into bed and try to help him fall asleep (rub his back, scalp, whatever it takes to calm him down enough to sleep). I'm praying for you!

I will check back in a few hours... gotta get some Zs
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.