Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Saturday Night I am formally checking in

Its Saturday Night... still taking time off from my second job at the club.. so I am home instead of there dressed up like a catholic slinging drinks for St. Patty's Day.. I tapered more today.. I like to do it on the weekend so I can deal with any thing I may feel. My broken toes are healing finally.. I was started to get stuff said to me at work about my footwear... shouldn't wear flip flops and such at an upscale hair salon. Understood.. people don't wanna pay 150 bucks to have their hair done by a chic in flip flops..
There are alot of new people here so I will go through my story..
Was a heroin addict by 16yrs old. Struggled fought.. got clean.. Was completley clean and sober in AA for 4 years and worked at a rehab for 3 years. Moved here to FL. 4 years ago after having an abusive relationship with someone who was 8 years "sober" he didn't drink or drug but acted like an active user.. I decided not to go back to AA and that I could drink.. never had a problem with it before and honestly don't now.. I barely drink. A little over two years ago had to have multiple mouth surgeries which led to the pain medicine..also have bad sciatica, herniated disc, and no space between the last vertebrate of my neck. I self medicated due to lack of insurance.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm a bartender...and last St. Paddy's day we decided to make green beer for the customers. Me and Chrissy(the other bartender) added SIX bottles of food coloring to the Budlight Keg. The beer was greeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.....lemme tell ya. SO green, in fact, that when the regulars came back in the next day, they STILL had light green teeth.....LOLOLOLOL I'm actually laughing so hard right now at the memory its hard to type LOLOL
The moral of the story? A LITTLE food coloring goes a LONG way......lol I think we added about 4 bottles too many.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
not me.. i am pale with freckles... I color my hair warm shades and most people think its my natural color but I am blonde..
Helpful - 0
OMG....that's what I am....my husband is Italian but I am PA Dutch all the way! It's funny many people think I look Italian but that's not my heritage!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
My family is sooooooo Pennsylvania Dutch/ German its not even funny... I grew up with chicken and waffles for dinner... or chicken corn soup.. yummy
Helpful - 0
Thanks, you have helped me too. I am 1/2 Irish, and I grew up with cabbage. Vile, smelly stinky ****. I can't eat it on a bet. But I love corned beef, and I'm a proud Irishman from Kilkenny. We are a bunch of nutbags. My other 1/2 is Norwegian, so I am a mess. One side of me a wild extrovert, the other a stoic introvert. The Irish in me always wins. Read my long winded post down in Jenny? or one of those down there. I choose not to rage. It has helped me.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
sorry rock... can't stand cabbage... never liked it... the thought of the smell is gross... sorry hope you enjoy it..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
it started on thursday there are 14 different parts.. on at different times.. check HBO.com for times and its also available on HBO on demand
Helpful - 0
Do you like corn beef and cabbage? I try to cook it every St  Patrick's day because I'm a wee bit Irish my middle name is Patrick!!!!  Right now I can smell it wafting through the house.

the rock!!!!
Helpful - 0
Still having the cravings...thought they may get better but some days I it is really hard and I find myself getting really short tempered with my family...not a good thing!  I have to find the strength somewhere because if they were in front of me, it would be hard to say no!

We do have HBO...when it the special on?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks girly.. toes are much better.. still stiff.. but hey they were broken..duh..
Yeah I am not going anywhere.. last night I considered it.. the drama is too much.. I thought about how it would be here when I finally quit... would I get the support i needed?? I decided to roll the dice and wait and see.. I know there are a few of one that no matter what was going on would be here.
Have you watched any of the HBO Addiction Special?? Its a 14 part series they are doing.. If you have the channel you should check it out.. talks alot about our brain changes and such..
So how are you doing and dealing with cravings?? I know you said you were having them.. how are you getting through??
Helpful - 0
I'm home tonight too!  My daughter has three friends over for the night...sure I'll be getting lots of sleep!!!! (They are 13...... OOOOHHHHH BOYS!!!!!!!!!) Anyway, probably better to be here than on the road....too many happy Irishmen/women , people who are Irish ONLY on St. Patty's day, people who don't really care if they are Irish but like green beer!  Safer to be in my home!

Glad you are still here....you have been a strong support system for me always. Never forget your conviction to beat this!  Hope to more good progress from you (I hope those toes are healing too!)

Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Also a special thanks and hug to others who have befriended me and helped me... Lady Sundown, manonfire, bowhunter, gjgjgjgjgj, ScottQuit, Viccaddit, Loveisamom, texasrebecca, natasha, and so many others... if I missed anyone sorry it so hard to keep so many great peoples names straight...

()((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
More mouth surgeries... never stopped taking the meds.. Was up to 60-100mgs of opiates a day about 5 months ago..Before finding this forum I tapered down to 30mgs. Then I began actively tapering.. I was down to 5mgs a day a week ago... I tapered even though I had severe bronchitis and had a root canal. Then last Saturday night I broke two toes the night before my "quit" date.. I took 25mgs last Sunday and Monday.. Began tapering agian tuesday..
Its been a long road. But its been worth it.. I got to meet all of you.. some of you have stuck with me through it all.. THe Rock, Marce, Tink, Oxybliss, 1911, you have all been extra special to me since you were there from the early stages.. I have made great friends here.. I hope someone else gets to have to experience I have from this.. I hope I can help someone do that..

Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.