Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Instant Message Me! Vicodin Problems!

Bottom line, Im almost 25 yrs old. I've had 3 root canals in the last yr..I started using vicodin legitamately and very frequently. 7.5-500's. 5.0-500's, and occasionally percocet. Now my problems with my teeth are solved and I can't get off. Basicly same story as everyone else. I would like to talk to someone on AIM about there battles etc, and compare and possibly work through this together. My AIM sn is electricstormz. I am a very reasonable guy. I am currently going through HELL over this, trying to hide it from EVERYONE.  With my job, rehab is not an option currently. I have a very good job for my age. I am in my post-college job, etc. Pleae help. Again AIM is electricstormz. Thx!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know exactly where you are coming from right down to even working in IT(I have been in IT for over 20 years) I was hooked on Vicoden for over 3 years and kept it a secret from everyone, I have a dentist friend and getting Vics was just a phone call before long I was up to 18 to 25 pills a day and scared to death to get off of them for fear of losing my job and everything else.  I read up on Suboxone and found a Shrink who deals with addiction, he started me on Suboxone on a Friday and I was back at work on Monday feeling fine.  I take 16 MG a day that's 2 pills under your tongue and thats it, no more worrying about taking more pills througout the day!  Your insurance will more than likley cover the script.  Check out www.suboxone.com you can enter a zip code to locate a doctor.  I have no doubt that this will work for you just as well as it did for me.  Good Luck
Helpful - 0
i am very open to the drug suboxone. I had not heard of it until today. I have lost alot of faith in myself quitting recently. I've tried and failed 3 times. The first time I tried to taper, the second and third time...xanax, sleep aids, and called out sick. I gave in. I mostly work by myself in a computer room that I can dim the lights too, so overall its not the worst job to come down off of something. Can someone please tell me the best way to get suboxone..do I have to go back to my doctor and beg?
Helpful - 0
my doctor disaster:

I addressed my doctor about my problem about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I told her I was taking up to 8 pills a day. She gave me 15 and said no more. I used those in obviously 2 days. I went back to my dentist and he gave me a healthy supply. I have a tooth that still appears like it could be painful. I was so embarassed I hid this from my wife. I kinda mentioned little hints..like downsizing the problem big time. Well needless to say this went on for 2 more weeks. I thought I was pretty sneaky and what not. Then one day I got careless and left a receipt in the car for a script. She found it, and it just so happened to be on the way to see my doctor. Basicly, I was at the hands of my wife. Being the good person that she is (I truly do mean that) she told the doctor I had been lying. Unfortunately, I've been blackballed as an addict to pharmacies, and my doctor has threatened to "fire me" for deceit. Now mind you, I have 0 history of drug abuse. I am a college grad, and I have never even experimented with drugs besides pot once or twice. Now look at me. I have some vicodin remaining. My doctor is currently acting hostile towards me. She gave me Xanax, and that does virtually nothing for me but get me tired. I truthfully don't know what to do. If I ever want a chance at a big promotion I cannot spill the beans. I work in the IT Industry..I have relatively high security clearance for a major company. I was given hair follicle drug tests to get the job and background checked. I do not feel rehab is an option still, but I am getting pretty desperate. Thank you for any and all your guys support. This is a great forum, and I'm glad to see people find solace and help here.

-chris-
Helpful - 0
Hi I'm rock I know what you mean about your work. I work at a place that I don't think they would understand about addiction but they do know I have been through many surgeries. I Had to take a leave of absence because my emotions went off the wall. I started to get angry very easy and almost got wrote up for it. I have been at my current job for over 9 years and never even got close to any kind of warring about my attitude. So I did have to do some explaining about medications but didn't go into great detail. Turned out they were very understanding and agreed a leave was in my best interest. If you want help with your addiction this is a good place to start. Just admitting you have a problem is the first step! Do you have a good doctor you can talk to? Your doctor is a good source to help with w/ds. Hope you stay around here and use some of the advice or just post when you need someone to talk to!!!!
Helpful - 0
I know what you mean...great life except for that little exception.  I haven't told anyone either.  I want to quit and need support also, so I think you came to the right spot.  
Helpful - 0
Me too....back surgery...vicodin....didn't stop either! It is a nightmare that we all go through....We wonder how the hell we got here but we did...Now what do we do?  There are many options here. Many people will give you some really good advice. If you work full time and can't take time off c/t may not be an option for you.  If you want to stop this craziness there are options.  Tapering did not work for me...I just didn't have the willpower but it has worked for others. Would you consider talking to a dr about a taper plan?  There is also suboxone. I don't reallly know what your circumstances are so If you have specific questions....please ask away. You've come to a good place with good people that want to help you and give you as much support and information as we can!  I was on 10-15 10mg norco daily for almost 2 1/2 years. I went c/t on 2/9/07 and am starting week 6.  I know how hopeless it can feel but so many here have found the strength to pull themselves out of this mess. You can find the strength too!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I don't have AIM but i can talk to you here... my story is the same as yours... mouth surgeries.. didn't stop..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.