Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

not sure if i'm addicted to painkillers

hi! i'm not sure if i'm addicted to norco, and that makes me think that i probably am. i take 2-4 a day (10/325) and have been doing this for about a year. though i have lower back pain from an old injury, if i'm honest with myself, i know it's pain that can be alleviated with 2 advils and a half hour on ice. i'm a little freaked out. right now it's so manageable that i'm having trouble stopping them. on the other hand, i know i'm laying the groundwork for disaster. i've read some past posts and they have made me feel SO much better -- i'm not alone! NONE of my friends know i'm a pill-popper. i just broke up with the person i started the habit with. anyway, just wanted to get this out there. thank you to everyone who has been so honest in these posts!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Welcome to the site.. if you already think you are addicted you probably are. Now is a good time to stop since you are not taking an obsene amount of pills a day.. I was once up to 60-100 mgs of vicodin a day and have tapered down since finding this place..there is a lot of help and advice here..
Helpful - 0
thanks for your reply! so, you tapered down gradually? i decided that starting yesterday i would take 2 a day MAX, and it hasn't been so bad. i know i'm not taking a ridiculous amt, but i'm startiing to realize how much i'm thinking about it, so i can see how it could get out of control. my nose is running like crazy -- is that related to withdrawal? how long were you taking it for?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
nose running is completly normal... I took that amount for 2 years.. if you can get by on 2 then you are on your way already.. in a few days drop a half a pill.. wait a few days for your body to adjust.. drop another half or even a quarter.. I know i only dropped a quarter once I got past 20mgs a day.. lower doses were harder for me.. you haven't been on them for too long so it may be easier..
Helpful - 0
Welcome to our forum. If you want help it's here. If you think you are an addict more than likely you are. You can get off the pills with out anyone knowing but it's good if you can confide with someone close to you. Support is the key to recovery. your doctor is the best person to start with he or she will do the most help. Hope you continue to post here and get clean.

the rock!!!!!
Helpful - 0
thanks, both of you . . . seriously. i will definitely continue to post; it feels sooo much better knowing there's support in this forum! i'll keep you posted . . . .AnnieV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.