Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

WELCOME NEW FRIENDS! Here's my story

Welcome to those of you recently posting on the forum for the first time.  I remember the first time I posted here.  I was desperate and I was so lonely.  I had never uttered the word addict before I admitted to the friends and angels I have met here, that indeed, I am.  It began legitimately enough, through docs, but it wasn't enough and I started seeking extra doses.  I have been this way for eight years.  I smoked pot since a teenager and did coke for years too.  The $ spent is unspeakable.

I see the world as a "pollyannna".  My father told me that.  I beleive that if I ignore something long enough it will go away.  Just beleive it isn't happening,,,keep a smile on your face...and keep tap dancing.  I don't believe the worst will happen, and somehow I finally realized my logic is flawed.  I am no different than anyone else, and this disease will take me out just like the next person.  

That is my struggle, I have tried tapering...a joke.  I have tried cold turkey...did ok, hated withdrawal, but the life after was more daunting so I started using  again.  I don't feel positive about myself, I have no courage...it's all in bottle.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did you say you had no courage? That's not the way I read it. If you had no courage you would not be posting your problem. It takes a different kind of courage and a lot of it to admit all that you have. You put yourself down and I for one don't accept it. I see more than that in this post.  Admit it creek, that you are reaching out and just need a little boost to get your engine started again. STOP,beating yourself up. You are not any kind of loser or you wouldn't be here. We, all who care about you, are behind you 100%, so get off your duff, and get on the ball. This, by the way, goes for the rest of you as well. We will not accept anyone giving up. You are all stronger than that or you wouldn't be here. It takes a lot of inner strength to admit that you have a problem regardless of how it got started. So, as it has been said"Take the bull by the horns," and get on with it.
We know what it's like because we have also been there. So you stubbed your toe a little. or scraped your knee, so what? put a band-aid on it, get back up and keep going. There is a lot of love flowing here, Take hold of it and use it to help you along. Your success is ours as well. So keep the faith and keep on walking.
Mannie
Helpful - 0
Did you say you had no courage? That's not the way I read it. If you had no courage you would not be posting your problem. It takes a different kind of courage and a lot of it to admit all that you have. You put yourself down and I for one don't accept it. I see more than that in this post.  Admit it creek, that you are reaching out and just need a little boost to get your engine started again. STOP,beating yourself up. You are not any kind of loser or you wouldn't be here. We, all who care about you, are behind you 100%, so get off your duff, and get on the ball. This, by the way, goes for the rest of you as well. We will not accept anyone giving up. You are all stronger than that or you wouldn't be here. It takes a lot of inner strength to admit that you have a problem regardless of how it got started. So, as it has been said"Take the bull by the horns," and get on with it.
We know what it's like because we have also been there. So you stubbed your toe a little. or scraped your knee, so what? put a band-aid on it, get back up and keep going. There is a lot of love flowing here, Take hold of it and use it to help you along. Your success is ours as well. So keep the faith and keep on walking.
Mannie
Helpful - 0
Oops, looks like I hiccupped and posted twice.
Helpful - 0
Hey, I really appreciate your words.  You know how much regret having to tell the same dam story over and over.  I guess I feel like everyone must get sick of the "faker".   As if I could quit if I really tried, and many of you may feel I just don't try.  This is not a false statement.  I don't try sometimes.  But it is GREAT to get a kick in the butt.  That means someone cares about me, even when I don't like or care about myself.  Thank you.

You are right.  We are not a bunch of quitters and quitting is not an option.  We stay in the fight for as long as it lasts and then we help others who need us.   That is my dream.. to actually share my story of SUCCESS someday!!

Peace  and thanks!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.