Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

LTL MD

i posted below but wanted to make sure that you see it, just keep posting and posting we are all here for you. i could not do it without this forum.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks!  I saw it and responded :)

Yea, having a rough time right now, but I am pretty used to that - have had a lot of **** go down in my short time on this rock!  I told one doctor who interviewed me for med school - "I have taken the scenic route here".  That was no lie!

Well, I will certainly keep lurking and poking around here - I should be studying right now - but I am pretty burned out.  I am no spring chicken like my classmates (I have at least 7 years on them).  

Yup!  Back to burning the candle at both ends!!   :)
Helpful - 0
what kind of doc are you going to school to be?  I'm glad you found this forum.  It really is great and will help you get through the bad and the good.  Tough love, strength, honesty, sincerity: all here, all the time.  Seriously, everyone I've talked to here has aided in my recovery and I know I wouldn't have done it without them.  
good luck with your classes and overcoming this addiction that can be beastly if you let it.
Helpful - 0
Have you tried tapering, that might be an answer for you at the "present moment" just take it one day at a time. And as far as beer goes, I have not been able to drink since I started with the meds over a year ago. It made me too sick. I am on day 4 and on day 1 I tried some vodka, ya right : ) Looking forward to enjoying a drink again though.
Helpful - 0
I want to go into path - I really enjoy laboratory medicine!  If not path, than maybe ER - that would be a blast, but I do want to have kids some day, so path is a better schedule for that.

Sorry, desert!  That was aimed at the two talking about Heines!  ;)  I have a lot of alcoholics in my family, so as a rule I don't really drink anyway.  I just miss being able to go out with a few friends and have a drink or two.  Gosh - I really miss just being able to go out with friends!  If I just had school that wouldbe one thing, but there is a lot piled on top of that so I have NO FREE TIME TO MYSELF!  Which, does not help the stress or the headaches!  Migraines run in my family, too, as does butalbital.  Lousy genetics!  They get you every time!!  
Helpful - 0
does the meds (butabatol) work on the headaches?  Just wondering.  I don't have much experience with migrains but I know you must be in  a lot of pain.  Please come back tomorrow.  Ive got to get some sleep.  You can tell by my posts, im going a bit insane.  take care and keep on keepin on......
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
pathology is an interesting field...talk about "cushy"...lol...i would seriously question ER though...too many temptations and easy access...and lets not forget the stress.  stress = headaches = ?

started out a "vampire" when i was 17 in the local hospital  here...moved on from there to training as a bacteriology technician...i enjoyed that until i got one hell of a staff infection in my left thumb...oouucchh!...didn't think i'd ever get that cleared up

just working in the hospital and being married to a physician (x) i have seen the toll it takes on a doctor...too many of them running around high on something...LTL,MD (pathologist) sounds good to me (hehe)
Helpful - 0
The pain behind my eye gets so bad, that at times (when I was a lot younger) I would actually contemplate ripping out my eye!  

I don't worry about the temptation, as I have never taken anything other than the butalibital - like I said, a lot of my high school friends got into (and are still into) drugs and I have no interest in that.  And, I have worked in many clinics/ER/ICU/surgical units so I know that urge is not lurking somewhere, as I have never felt it before.  I am just concerned about the current situation with the migraines and the butalbital.  

ER is not that bad - 24 on, 24 off - I think I could handle that!  I just want to get out of school - I think practice (especially if allowed to hide behind a cushy microscope) will be much easier to deal with.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.