Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Your brain on drugs

See, what choo said I get.  I don't think for a minute I would choose to go down this path if it didn't feel so good. I know the pain of it, believe me.  BUT SOMETHING is definetly blocking my natural good vibes.  So, drugs ARE constantly ******* up my brain cells while I figure out how to stay "happy".  

There is a science to this, and then there are the ones that just have the faith and willpower to change.  I'm confused and I want to be clean.  that i do know in my heart.  my head just won't do it.  I lie like a dog to get what I want (NEED, my brain says) and spend money I don't have....such really poor decisions...whats up with that.  

Why can't the energy be refocused???   Please tell me how to do that.  When is your ah-hah moment going to last for a lifetime...for me it just lasts for as long as I'm out.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think it first starts with.....telling your brain somethign different...

and then to taper down...dont give in to that MORE.....Just mangae on what you can....or the very least of what you need to get by.....

At the same time..help your body...adjsut to changes..with food, exersice...and again....telling yourself something postive..change the way you look at it..even if you dont believe it...fake it till you make it..and just go.....

I get its hard to just say no...and in control......Lord knows Ive slipped and have had to hide it from the people in my life..and I starting feeling guilty for lying.......so something had to give.....something had to change..

Creek girl, hang in there...and just keep posting.....and find something alot of everyone has something different you will find it..just hang in there...it comes even slower sometimes ..and could be really frustrating...just keep hangin in there.....

KEEP TELLING YOURSELF...YOU CAN..AND YOU WILL..even if in TIME...
Helpful - 0
your right.  I gotta walk.  I'll be off awhile. Thanks for your words.  I get myself so dam worked up about this.  This is killing me.  Absolutely gonna kill me if I don't quit this insanity.    Good to hear you vent...you are LIVING.  you know what I say about that.  Much better than checking out on everyone and everything...it is an isolated mess of disfunction.  Love ya hun.  KEEP LIVING IT< and posting!
Helpful - 0
Girl.
Go easy on yourself...remember is isnt over night that we become addicted...and it  will take us a while..I m just saying YOU WILL GET THERE...No matter what...

I have somuch faith in you, I hope I send that your way into yourself.....I trust you will......

Love you bunches race almostover I have to go lol
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.