Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

New guy here

Hello, I am a newly registered user, but I have been clean for almost a year now with the help of Suboxone.  Before starting treatment I had been addicted for 4 years.  I was taking Oxycontin and any other opiate that I could get my hands on.  I lied to and stole things from my relatives and friends.  In the end, I hated taking drugs, but if I didnt I would become very sick.  

SO....one year later...I have an awesome job, the most supportive girlfriend ever,  and I look forward to waking up each morning.

Well, thats me.  Feel free to msg me on aim at cop1152 or email me at gmail.com if I can help you or if you just want to talk.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for the advice. Before I started on this forum, I thought suboxene was going to save me. I heard only good things about it. Now, I don't think that's the route to go. Lots have said that same thing that it's just as addicting. I think I'm convinced that it's not a good idea for me.

Thank you!
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
You can find alot about suboxone on the internet.  My husband became just as addicted to it as the soma/hydro and the pain when coming off of it was as unbearable as the other.  I have read that it is very addictive and have found that a lot of places will not use it for detox.  My husbands Psych refused to use it for that reason but I think most of his script doctors were fine keeping him on it.  Be careful no matter what you decide and remember that everyone is different.  Good luck!!        Justine
Helpful - 0
You should be very proud of yourself. I hope to be to your point sometime soon. How soon after taking your last ox did you start treatment?

Keep up the good work!
Helpful - 0
can you tell me about suboxone?  i have a post below yours asking about this.  any insight would be appreciated.  Thank you and keep up the good work - sounds like things are going well for you!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.