Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Talked to my Doctor

Yesterday I had a visit with my Doctor and we have worked out a contract.  She made me sign it and everything.  Basically, she knew I had a problem.  She also received a call from a pharmacist telling her that I had numerous scripts for vicodin from other doctors.  She has me tapering off.  I will only recieve pills from her.  I have to go in and get my refills from her. I want to thank those of you who suggested I talk to her.  You know what else?  I feel like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.  I know I have a fight on my hands, especially considering that I have no willpower, but I'm finally ready for the battle.  I will keep posting for support. I'm going to need lots of it!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all for your words of encouragment!  It makes me feel even better knowing that I have the support of many who are going through the same thing.  I am working on my willpower, because of course having the pills makes me want to take them,  but I have a different outlook now.  If I run out there will be no more fishing for more from the different doctors.  I'll just have to wait on my next refill meanwhile dealing with it cold turkey.  I can do it.  I have it set in my mind that I can do this.
Helpful - 0
Wonderful....the freedom you feel.  Savor the moment... it is EXACTLY that moment i want to LIVE IN.  Thank you for sharing that.  You are an inspriation to me and your courage is, well...that took a whole lot of courage..I am proud of you.  Please keep us posted.  We are here for you.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
That is great that you talked to your doctor!  That definitely shows that you are ready to start your recovery!!!  Just make sure that you follow the taper.  It will take a lot of will power but will be very much worth it!
Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
it must feel like a weight is lifted off your shoulders to not have such a big secret. all the best to you and your recovery
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Congratulations.  You have successfully followed the first rule:

WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A HOLE...STOP DIGGING !

Not only have you cut off your supply (stopped digging), but you have enlisted the help of your doctor to get out of your problem (hole).  That is terrific.

The folks on this Forum will be here to help you get through W/D so you will have a lot of help filling in that hole you dug for yourself.

I want to assure you that in a few weeks you will begin to realize the benefits of quitting and enjoy some nice surprises as you return to your normal self.

Please keep in mind that recovery is a slow process, not a sudden event.  

GEORGE
Week 11 C/T  

Helpful - 0
That's so great. It's so hard to go through this alone!  With the support of a doctor, you will get through this a lot easier. Honesty can be so freeing! . You've have made a great start and my prayers are with you. Please keep us all posted with your progress and enjoy the start of a new life!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.