Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just Stopped Fioricet

Hi to Everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum.  You are all so strong.

I have been taking about 10 to 15 Fiorict a day for 8 years and I just tapered off and am on day 2 with no pills.  I can't go cold turkey because I had a seizure the last time I tried to quit.

I am really trying but it is really difficult -I have to fight not to go online and order them or go to my doctor to get some more.  I don't know if I can do this and make it.  Tried before and only lasted 2 months.

After seeing everyone on this forum - has given me some hope - thanks to all that post here and I look forward to chatting with you.

Have a great Sunday!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi LTL MD!  Glad to find you out there - I hope to see you on the board again; I am only on the forum a little bit at night.  Good luck to you and we will beat this together!  Day 3 for me!!  How are you doing?
Helpful - 0
Do you take them for Migraine Headaches or something else? Getting of barbiturates can be tough so be careful. At least your not fighting the codeine withdrawels at the same time.
Helpful - 0
Steedo

Thanks Peete - you actually brought a smile to my face since I was so scared to actually write on the forum.  Having a shaky day and I guess what I need more than anything is kind words - thank you again.

Steedo - I am taking fioricet - without codeine. I never thought it was addictive, having migraines - then boom...I am taking one not every 4 to 6 hours but one every 2 or even 1 hour.
Helpful - 0
Are you taking fioricet w/ codeine  or just plain fioricet?
Helpful - 0
Hi Steedo - I started taking them for migraines and then just started popping them like candy.  I did some stupid things and realized I had to stop.  Tried to think of every imaginable reason I love the pills but I know it is better without. My hubby found out and it ripped my heart out (after the reasoning went out of my mouth, beggin for pills).  You are right - I am thankful that it isn't codeine as well.
Helpful - 0
Hi Hunter!  I am in the fioricet boat with you.  Hang in there - we can do it!  :)
Helpful - 0
Good job!  You are doing great, keep coming here and everyone will help you.  You should be so proud of yourself.  Make sure and pat yourself on the back for what you've accomplished.  Best of luck.
Peete
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.