Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

w/d's attack on day 6?

You know that feeling where you wake up in the morning and you are in some w/d's (not like day 2,3, necessarily) and you know to take a pill asap.  Or like if you go all day and really push yourself, like 10 hours and don't take anything and you start to feel that "feeling" of "time to take a pill"?
Well, I was in the grocery store with my mom and son and that feeling just attacked me.  Hit me pretty hard.  Hasn't done that in over 2 days.  Anybody know why or have any experience with this?
I went c/t off of 16 norcos daily or 100 mgs oxy, depending on what I had available...
I just hope this isn't something that will keep happening.
Take into consideration I have been VERY active over the past 72 hours and so on.  Going to class, taking care of my son full time.  Cleaning, errands, shopping, etc.  
Should I be resting more?  I hope not, because keeping busy has been my saving grace!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
panic attack could be just a thought.  it hasn't been that long ,your doing amazing.   it will stop .i beleive once you get used to the new you. congrats on day 6 and keeping buzy is definatly helping no rest for mommy's .
Helpful - 0
yea, i do know what you mean. today is day 4 of c/t (again...) for me. i actually did perfectly fine physically and mentally so far. but today after work, i just started romanticizing.  thinking of all the good memories on pills. in particular i was thinking about a stop at chic filay we stopped at on our way to our vacation destination.  it was afternoon and i had just popped a few pills about 20 or 30 minutes earlier and i rember sitting in the booth as that warm fuzzing feeling began to come over me... ahhhh
Helpful - 0
remember the creepy crawly feeling when it wore off.  Hold that thought.
Helpful - 0
Hi!  First I want to say that I am glad you didn't leave the forum - I didn't jump in previously but was thinking about you.

This is the second time I am stopping pills and the first time - wow - did I fly off the handle at certain things.  It doesn't help that I have depression, for many years.  I take meds for that and they help but nothing helped those feeling when someone just said the wrong thing and at the wrong time.  I even started to not like people who were great friends...this is going to happen, especially when you are going through w/d. (my personal opionion - I am sure some people are fine but I think it was the combination of w/d and depression)   It does pass - you have come so far (Woo Hoo) and these feeling will definitely lessen.
Helpful - 0
I agree with Hunter that you didn't leave the forum, I didn't post either but you were in my prayers.  As for this attack in the grocery store, my personal opinion is that after being on the meds for so long your mind and body are going to take time to adjust.  If you were taking oxycontin it stays in your system longer and maybe kept you going a little longer and the attack you felt was that wearing off.  Or, it could just be your system saying what the **** are you doing to me!!!  Either way you are doing amazing!  Keep up the good work and don't forget to pat yourself on the back.  Good luck
Peete
Helpful - 0
It's been so long since I remember that warm feeling taking a pill...I would always be on w/d's since I was only taking the prescribed about...I didn't get to feel that anymore...I just felt irrtable, and flu like systoms in the morning...And in a fuzz like I was out of it...And get this I was still in pain...

I believe my pills made it harder for me to be careful with my back...Not feeling what I was doing to it...And accidently injury and keep hurting becuase I couldn't feel what I was doing...

I am on day 1 and I am having on and off moments...But, I am really at rock bottom and despirate to get my life back...Sorry about the spelling I am too lazy right now to spell check...
Helpful - 0
Peete, that is a very good point about the oxy...not to mention, now that I think about it, I read that opiate w/d takes at least 5-7 days....day 6...hmmmm.  Makes sense!  I am so happy to be free from the pill prison, lol.
Thanks guys, that helped.
I feel like I have to re-learn everything, like how to live my life and do everything in a new body or something.  You are all right and I shouldn't expect too much too soon :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.