Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Broken But Hopeful/Thanks

It's Day #2. Phew.

A big Thank You to all who helped me limp through the day yesterday. It felt as though my spirit was completely and totally destroyed. I'm ashamed of the shell of a person I've become.

But there's good news: I feel much better today than I did yesterday.

This morning I woke up at 3am after two measly hours of sleep. I tried everything to go back to sleep, but  in the end just got up and made coffee. Time to get on w/my life. When sleep is your only escape left, and you are denied THAT...Grrrrrrr! Oh well!

Have a lovely day everyone, and again: THANK YOU!

--Athena

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm so glad you feel better today.  Yes, sleep is prolly the worst thing about all this ****.  Not gettin any really makes you feel like ****... ugh!!! I'm here for ya girlie, if ya wanna chat.  Think I'm gonna go take the dog for a walk.  She's prolly sick of all the walks but maybe she isn't.  Hopefully not lol.  You have a wonderful day sweetie and try and stay positive.  Thinking of you, luvs ya lots, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks Girl!!!!!

XOXOXO

--Athena
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
athena,
Yeah the not sleeping stuff really sucks badly .day 1, 2, 3, when I could not sleep I just got up as well it was hellish to lay the and try to sleep when I new it just was not going to come , The night before last was better ,last night sleep even better . My energy level is still low but that should come with time as well . You can make it thru this every day is just a bit better then the last .I dont think your broken ,just a bit battered and with time we all can heal .better days are coming .I am here for you ,
Avis
Helpful - 0
Thank You!!!

You sound great.

XOXO

--Athena
Helpful - 0
199013 tn?1207065616
would it help to take some Unisom of something???

So far I can sleep because I have a RX for muscle relaxant that puts me out--

That being said I know I dont want to get hooked on this RX-- but for 2-5 days I can see a problem. I can imagine taking it for fun because all it does is make me sleep
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the suggestion. BJ.

For me it's important to stop what I have come to call "Reaching" for a pill, a drink, a litle "something" to fix me. This "Reaching" is so habitual that I recognize that I really need to change the way I behave in regards to my self-medicating, right now, in all areas, even OTC stuff. The more I "reach", the more likely I'll end up with a hydro or Oxy in my hand. Does this make sense? This is just the way it is for me. I'm strictly a recreational user with no chronic pain/health problems, so for now I can afford to curb my "Reaching".

Thanks though, I appreciate you taking the time to help. I'm going to try and rough it out.

--Athena
Helpful - 0
Not sure if Athena and Athena8 are the same person so here goes again...I love my pills and I hate thinking about HIN so I downed 9-12 kolonpin and slept till 2pm.  Thank god I'm not working,  Thank you 4 your concern, Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.