Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Willing to try again

Good morning everyone....I was here yesterday and it was a little frightening.  Most of you seem like very caring, intelligent people who need support and empathy.  However, there are always a few bad apples in a bunch. I am glad I came back this morning though.  Now I see who my husband and I have been reading about in past forums.  We see so much of our lives in your writings.  He was up most of the night last night.  It is a scary place to be and hopefully we will find our way out just like ya'll.  It is a long journey.  Best of luck to you all.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow, I'm so glad u came back.  Welcome.  Yes, we all have basically the same problem with each of our own individual problems.  If you ever need to talk about anything, I know for one that I'm here for you.  Just leave a post, most of the time I'm sittin right here but if I don't get back to you right away, I will answer the post as soon as I log on.  Thinking and praying of you and your hubby, take care and god bless u, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
i'm glad you gave this place a 2nd chance :) please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. even if you just need to vent. i'm sorry to hear he had a hard time last night, its a very ROUGH ROAD!!!!
Helpful - 0
This forum can be a big help and support or it has been for me. There are some people that try to be so negative and mean towards others. You just have to ignor and not get caught up in it.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
sorry you happened upon us yesterday...of all days...but so glad you decided to come back and stick with us.  this forum is a wealth of information...not by reading the words on some website...but from real "live" ppl, struggling with their own addictions.  this forum is filled with loving and compassionate ppl...willing to put their own problems on the back burner...if not for just a minute...to reach out to others.
in saying that...please always know that these are ppl...struggling...good days...bad days...and in all stages of addiction and recovery...and things are not always like a fairy tale here...along with the good, comes pain and suffering...and there will always be days like yesterday...just human nature.  but what we must pull from "those" days is knowledge...the knowledge to put all the bad behind us, learn from our mistakes, and start the day anew...the knowledge that we are ALL suffering from whatever demon is sitting on our shoulders...and the knowledge that we have a safe place here to ask for help and receive that help.
hope you stick with us...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.