Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mom2rac.....

GOod afternoon,
How you doign today? I havent really read the board much bene talking alot to others on messanger actually more the bf than anything weird to say that outloud ......Been hitting a different level I guess....

wow it isnt hard for me to start rambling..
I read the post askign how long you have been sober, I had no idea you had 5 years from booze and drugs....besides pain meds..Thats really awesome. I quit blow in Dec was my last fix.....well crack too, I am a bit of trash can. I wont give up weed though, and have been recommended by doctors not to quit, it helps me eat, keep my food down, and sleep.....so its not something I am willing to part with ....I mean I can take meds for all that and it could be more damagin then pot...but I dont smoke alot...at least daily but sometimes only at night..Depends on how my tummy feels..

wow I do ramble, anyways sunshine just wanted to say that to you..I do respect what you ahve to say, you remind me alot of how I feel..and sometimes I think its me talking..which is weird...but in a good way...I really appreciate you coming and posting on my post hte other day, it really did help me get focused eeven though it took me longer..YOu really helped me get grounded...and thats a great feelign today

Keep in touch
C
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
195648 tn?1231812118
Hey.
I'm sorry but " I am a bit of trash can" that was funny!
I was too.  I can be mentally as well.
Alcoholicsm and drug use doesn't just run inmy family, it gallops and  I knew I was introuble when I started drinking at 16.  Ijust couldn't drink like others did and I never understood it.  Then I started with the coke, which in all honesty, was just to keep me up so I could drink more.  I drank that way until I was 28 years old.  
I never got into a car accident, never got arrested, never got evicted, but those are all "yets" for me.  I woke up one day and looked in the mirror and said to myself "I'm either going to kill myself today or get help" because I was SO DONE with that feeling, that horrible empty, hopeless feeling.  I went to my first AA meeting thatnight and haven't touched a drink or drug since.
I haveno problem with weed, however.  Ijust shoose not to do it because 1.  I want to stay SOBER and 2.  I have a daughter who is 7 months old and I get retarded on weed.
Oddly enough, I was prescribed vics and percs when I was pregnant so that's how that started.  I used ot think it gaveme the will and energy to do what I needed to in life, like see people, go out, housework, etc. but then it got to a point where all I wanted to do was have some pills and even though I was in pain andin need of them, I knew I was abusing them.
When I quit the pills, I pretty much did the same thing.  I was somewhere where I knew I could get help with my daughter so I just said, "I'm going to try it and see how much I can take"......The kicker is that I had about 60 pills I was carrying around in my pocket as a scurity net because the panic used to set in when I had non left.  I always knew in the back of my mond that I COULD take one if I HAD to.
I slipped on day 4 and took a half to get some sleep because I was about to go home but that was it for me.
I just continue to pray and come here to remind myself how easily I could turn back.  I have a totally addictive mentality.  It's scary sometimes.
Your posts make me laugh a lot so thank you for that and I do see myself in you too!
WE SHOULD PROMISE TO KEEP EACH OTHER IN CHECK WHEN WE START TO WIG OUT ON SOMEONE!
hahahahahaha      .
Helpful - 0
Thats a super idea........I just came back to read before going back out to get the little one....and wow, I am so blown away with your post....You have such a willingness and strength I dont often see....Its really cool......
Its funny, because I know I relate to alot of people in different ways, but when I read your posts sometimes I feel like Im there face to face with ...myself....its something I have not often felt..
I appreicate very much with what you offer, you have something there that keeps you in check, I had that once....I have 2 children I dont get to see. Not from drug use, not from any abuse other than the retardedness between my ex and I...ON both our parts I have to add. Everyone has to play their part with things. It tore me apart and away I went, for reasons that I guess I can only understand, my cousin gets it in alot of ways and she helps me out alot. I can say Im learning so much from her that I didnt exactly get as a young girl going into womanhood......So life does have its twists and turns...

I partied but not that hard, really.....I got clean the first time when I was 16 and stayed that way until the kids and I were going thru seperation with their father. And since Dec I have quit everything but pot and have struggled with the pills......IM at a very different spot and a challenging one....as we all are in alot of ways.

Wow, this has been interesting....heres my email, I would love to keep in touch with you! charity_wasse_feir***@**** . Take care ..I have to get going soon..and want to catch up on other posts...i think..lol

Loves ya,
C
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I have to run too actuallyl but I do have so much more to say......
I'll email you later.
My name is Tara but I won't post my email on here because it has my last name in it so when you get an email from a Tara, that's me!
:)
Have fun!!  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.