Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Contemplating this mess I am in

I do not seem to have the strength to taper, I get down to 3 and can't seem to get to two a day.  Right now still on 6 a day.  Unfortunately, I have a mix of barbs and codeine, so I think I am dealing with two different w/d's?  Is it dangerouse to just stop?  This is probably one of the most frightening things to have to go thru.  I just know the one time I stopped, I could not function............I wish I could take a week off from work and just go thru this home alone.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I am afraid I do not have any magical advice to get you through this, but I just felt the need to tell you that I can totally sympathize, as does probably everyone here.  Hopefully, someone will come on and have something helpful to share but I do care and I will be thinking of you.  If it is any consolation, you are definitely braver than me and further on the road to recovery - just hang in there so whatever suffering you have done so far will not be in vain.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
It is very hard to taper and I applaud your effort.  I know many ppl here know more about it than me and can share countless success stories.  I was not able to taper - I just wasn't strong enough, or didn't believe I was.  Sadly, I didn't think c/t would work for me as well.  I went w/ Suboxone - which has been a lifesaver for me.  I'm telling you this only to say that however you do it, as long as you get there, you are a winner!!  Im not sure with the mix you are on if c/t is the best option and I would research it or talk to a dr. before I did it (alone).  Speaking of that, is there anyone there with you or that lives close to you that could help out.  I don't like the thought of anyone going through any part of this without help.  It's hard enough when somene is waiting on you hand and foot. (not that Im real sure what that is like either  LOL).  

I wish you all the best and I will be thinking of you through this difficult time.  If you need to talk, I am usually around or not far away.  Mostly a lurker, but will always pop out for those in need.  Take care of yourself and continue to give yourself Positive self talk!!  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!

You will!

Love, M
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.