Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Minnie/Athena

Hi....I'm just catching up...Minnie, how old is your teenager? I have a 15yr old son....moody and a know-it-all and Mom knows nothing!!!! I love him to death but he is my first experience with adolescence, 13yr old daughter too....HELP!!!!!LOL!  

Anyway, to answer the ??. I have had my share of struggles, but yesterday I was at work and I felt so good and it hit me, I felt really good WITHOUT the pills! I was productive and living again!  My husband has been praising the change in me and I know i'm not out of the woods yet but I want to keep feeling like this and living life on my own terms and not on the drugs terms! The euphoria/high was great while it lasted but all the other **** that comes with addiction is just not worth it.  I know this is a "no brainer" but when you are in the throes of addiction it is so hard to see clearly! The mental part of this diseasd is really the hardest thing I think. Depression/anxiety were disabling to me, pre and post detox. I am on an antidepressant (EFfexor) and I think that has helped me and I am walking again and doing yoga.  I actually am in a lot of pain today...I worked yesterday and it can be labor intensive some days (I'm an RN).  I am going to go sit in the hottub and just took 800mg Ibuprofen.  Thankfully, I don't have any pain meds around me. I don't know if I am strong enough to resist them ...so I choose not put myself in that position if possible!

I don't know if this helps at all....I still come here because I need this. I need to remind myself that I'm one of you all and we all need help and encouragement...some more than others at different points in our life, so I will keep coming here for self help and to help others!

Athena...I'm so happy to hear your husband came home!  You are doing an awesome job !

Minnie....you will do this and you know we are here to support you....it really is so hard....I completely know how you are feeling....been there...done that!  Enjoy your beautiful weather!

Peace,
Marcie:)
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
YOU ARE AN ANGEL and TRULY AN INSPIRATION!

Thanks, Marce. What you had to say is just what I needed this morning, and I know that there are many others here today that you will help having posted what you did.

Have a Wonderful Day!

--Athena

P.S. Try to wear the colors Maroon and Orange today if you can--to show solidarity with the VA Tech kids & staff (heard on the news last night that they've asked the country to do this today).

XOXOXXO
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for a great and insightful post. It does help a lot seeing that you are getting better and better, it is such an inspiration knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I think that is what it takes to get better - to enjoy and remember moments like the one you had yesterday at work, where you suddenly realized that you feel great without the pills and take note of those moments which will occur more and more frequently and then one day it will truly be something in the past. I wish I were where you are now, but I realize that it is process and we probably need to go though every step in order to succeed. I wish I had the guts to tell my husband all about it, he knows that I take pills and many, but he has no idea about the extent of the whole thing. But I am sure - as I think you have said earlier - that it helps to have the support of your family.

Actually I have another infection in the root of one of my teeth again, which gives me great pain and I really don't know why I keep getting these infections, but I am still determined to taper and quit, no matter what.

Thanks for being there to support me, when I quit, I'm sure going to need it.

(by the way I have a son who is 20 (he is growing up, thank god) and a son who is 17 - he is just as you describe your son - I can't do anything right and he is moody as hell - and it seems like just yesterday that he still loved to lie in my bed at night and talk and talk - well, he will grow up too - eventually ;-)

Minnie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.