Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Finally slept last night

OK - so I still had trouble sleeping last night until about 3 a.m. ... I finally told myself no matter how restless I get I will stay in bed and suck it up (usually after a few minutes of restlessness I would get up). I did and actually got 3-4 hours of sleep ... including DREAMS! I feel much better this morning ... going for a walk after this then maybe drive around for a bit for something to do (weather isn't good today for sitting or doing anything outside).

This evening will mark 7 days without vicodin!! Who needs that **** .... my head is clearer than it has been for the last 4 years or so ... big difference.

You all have a good day!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
You are doing great!Keep that positive attitude and you will kick a$$.God Bless.
                  Bruce
Helpful - 0
Hey! Good job! I totally relate--I remember Day 7 quite well; I think that was the night I chalked up 6 delicious hours of sleep after getting only 1-2 earlier on.

Enjoy the clarity but try not to forget the misery of 1) the w/d's, and 2) recognizing the shell of a person you had become b/c of the pills...There's so much opportunity ahead for us (I'm Day #18) as long as we stay the course. My motivation comes from remembering the suffering; maybe yours will also.

Great work; be proud!

You can do this, one day at a time.

Best WIshes,

--AThena
Helpful - 0
204468 tn?1285272124
Hi.  I am new to the board.  Been lurking for the past 4 or so days.  Tomorrow will be day 6 for me w/o lortab 10's.  Bout 5 per day.

Sleep is a problem here too.  Restless legs BAD!!!! Got some meds at wal-mart for it.  It relieves it quite a bit, but not fully.  I am still experiencing muscle aches and the shakes at night.  I had a really good day today.  I spent time outside with the kids.  Tonight is really bad though.  Hoping tomorrow will be less painful at night.

I will beat this monster tho.  Looking for new ways to enjoy life w/o pain pills.  I have considered pain management, but my mom and dad both have went thru that and it only helped a few months...plus way expensive.  It's rediculous the cost of professional help.  If pills wont kill us the medical bills will.  I have to tell myself that I am choosing life everytime the thought of Lortab crosses my mind.

Nice to meet you,
Until Then,
D
Helpful - 0
Yep - I am so restless when I try to sleep - like I am constantly moving ... no shakes though. I can go about 10-20 minutes, then all I do is toss and turn. I feel like a zombie, but I guess I'll take it over the selfish person I was while taking vike.

Thanks for sharing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.