Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Mistake regarding your post

i know what you are saying.. my addict brain even had me agreeing with you for a second.. shaking my head yes i would do that... But i wouldn't at the same time.. Try and hold out.. the sub has a long half life.. you may not feel that bad..  also because of the long half life taking the other may waste it due to the naloxone blocking it.. also You will need to be in WD to go back on Sub on monday.. otherwise taking the Sub while on Oxy will put you into WD.. i highly recommend waiting it out til monday.. we will be here for you the whole time.. its only 2 days.. the half life of Sub is 72 hours.. please hold on you have been doing so well.. I fear even taking this "vacation" from recovery could set you up for negative consequences...

Luv ya
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
  i was just posting to you below.  I know your right and about having to be in w/d to go back on would totally suck (been there.... ya know)  It's just hard! me whining again.  What is it about "one last time...": sad, really sad.  More than likely I will take your advice.  It says somehting that I haven't yet.  I'll be posting a bunch on my damn birthday - I just hope Im not hurting.  Thanks steph, I know your right.

love, Tracy (it's time)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
From my experience.. this is never a good idea.. i was a heroin junkie for a few years as a teen.. I had a friend who was on house arrest.. had gone through WD.. was going to jail in a few days and then to rehab.. he decided to use "one last time"  for old times sake.. he OD'ed and died..  the person that sold him the drugs was someone I was involved with at the time.. i had to testify.. he went to jail for a very long time...  So many lives affected from "one last time"....
Helpful - 0
ok  i needed that!!  thank you fladdict!! you better be around this weekend!!  LO)L  Like you don't have enough to worry about!!

love you and thank you,
Tracy
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hi tracy...i think fladdict gave you some great advice and i totally agree with her.

a quick story...
my son davis was in jail for a month...and clean from crack.  he had 30 days.  he was out of jail for only one day before he was to go to a long term rehab...12 months.   i left that evening for only 30 minutes and when i came home, he was gone.   seems like my husband "believed" his story about wanting a few bucks to go to burger king.   i was livid...how could my husband be so freaking stupid?   i jumped in my car and took off to where i knew my son bought his crack from and apparently i just missed him.   when he came home it was obvious to me that he had scored.   i took him in his room and we laid across his bed.   as i was rubbing his back...and crying...i asked him why...why, when he had 30 days clean would he do that...knowing that he was going across the country and away from his family...the next morning.   his answer was "because i know that i will never do it again...never...and i just had to say goodbye to my old life".

so i understand where you are coming from...BUT...you don't have to do that.   if you have read any of my posts...and i know you have...then you know that i am going to say... FLUSH THEM...why have that temptation right under your nose.  be strong...stronger than you ever have.  the best present you can give yourself and your family...on your birthday... is to be clean and sober on that special day.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
check you email in a few minutes...
Helpful - 0
AAAAWWWWW MAN, I know your right and I will try and accomplish that tonight when hubby gets home.  He is totally on that side of things and thinks I should just wait it out.  He doesn't really understand my desire.  I really don't either, just miss it sometimes.  I know that is hard to explain, but it's the truth.  It's like smoking (which I also do) and have tried to quit before.  It is like you miss the process of getting it, lighting it , etc.  It's not really the smoking directly, it's everything.  Does that make sense.  

I really value all of your opinions very much or I would not have told you so thank you very much for all that you've said.  I promise to re read it all before I make any decision.  Im not going to insult your intelligence and say ok, I'll do it right now, ccaaaattttccchhhhuuuu, all flushed.  But, I can honestly say that you all have impacted my life in such a positive way and I will think of all of you before I do anything.

Thank you again.  Im going to bed now w/ daughter #1 laying across me and it really makes me want to hit myself for even thinking that!!

goodnight,

love, Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.