Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

NEED PRAYERS!

Hey Gang!  My body hurts! My daughter and I have to ride tonight and the hyds made it possible for me to ride  my somewhat goosey horse. I made the call to the pharmacy but haven't gone to pick them up. I felt like I let myself and my goals down by calling.  I've never let anything beat me. I am a recovering alcoholic and sober for over 20 years. My daughter has never seen me drink. But the pain in my body will not let me even saddle my horse. Stopping drinking was easier than what this drug has done to me.
Please keep us in your prayers. I opted for a fifth of Crown to get through the next two days. I have lots of kids that count on me.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
190466 tn?1215884854
leaving for church 5 mins we will pray for u to be strong and overcome. Clay TX
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i have been reading your posts and i admire you for wanting to stop...your daughter deserves a "sober dad".   when things get tough...just look into her eyes and draw from their strength.

i will add you to my prayer list...and believe me, my list is getting very long since coming to the forum several months ago...hehe

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
hey there,
Sorry you are hurting so badly.  You are in our thoughts.  
My mom is a recovered alcoholic and is now addicted to pain meds.  She is old and probably will  never be off.  It is hard.  Do your best and go as far as you can and God will meet you there.  Trust me.  The drugs can affect your daughter as much as the alcohol would have.  You are so brave and strong.  If the pain is too bad, talk to the doc about a different kind of pain med.  Maybe Lyrica or another non narcotic.  You can do this and you know what is the right thing to do.  We are here for you no matter what you decide.  Talk to us.  I will say prayers for you.  You are a wonderful man and dad...I can tell.
M
Helpful - 0
I used to ( a couple years ago) have horses.  Thoroughbreds off the track. I was really good at 3 day eventing, etc.  I know how much physical strenth it takes to control such a large animal.  You truly have to be athletic.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Father in Heaven, I pray with all my heart that you give these people rest and that they will know You are with them!.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.