Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I CANNOT STAND MY LIFE :(

HEY ALL~~~~
To some this may sound alittle negative but screw it right now my whole life seems negative. Today is day one c/t for me. And it was just like all the other times i feel scared alone panicy depressed cry alot plus physical w/d. If this is what coming off hydro is always going to be like plus apparently i have months and months of PAWS to look forward too then there is no way i can do this no way at all. I think i would rather stay on pills then go through all this~~~~Im sorry but what is the reward from all of this if u do stay clean?????????
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Honey, it is so worth it.  Remember my post to you?  Do not be afraid.  You can do it, you really can.  And there's no guarantee that you will be afflicted with PAWS.  Don't even worry about that now.  Just concentrate on staying clean.  On about the 4th day you will start to feel a little human again and then it keeps getting better.  The benefits of being clean are glorious!  You will regain your life, you will enjoy simple things that you missed before, and your whole outlook on life will improve.  Please do not give up.
Here for you,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
I have read a lot of your posts and let me say what a accomplishment it is that you are on day one. I know that it seems like it's not worth it right now, but in a week you are going to be so happy you did this. You were missing so much of life that you don't realize right now. Once you mind and body are clear of the drugs you will see how much better your life will be without the drugs and how much of your life you have missed on them. Like Mis Take said not everyone experiences PAWS, so don't worry about something that might not happen. Take it moment by moment if you have to and before you know it the worst of it will be over. You can do this and we are all here to support you. Stay strong this is worth it, you are worth it.
God Bless.
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
OK - I am on Suboxone so in a different ship and freely admit it's not at all the same - I stil have such a long way to go.  However, you are strong and this is worth it.  PAWS may or may not happen - don't think about that far away. Set small goals, meet them and move on.  Today, you have met a big one, so set up a plan for tomorrow.  DETOX sux the big one - no doubt about that - but it is short term and once it is over, you will feel so much it is really amazing.  A haze is lifted and you will truely be shocked by what you see.  To me, the colors really seemed brighter around me - it was that different and that much of a difference.  FIRST - I had an energy that shocked the **** out of me and those around me, still does.  I loved more, watched and learned more, relaxed more, and so much MORE..

Everything is different and better.  When i was using, I thought it was the best thing ever - now that Im not - I cant believe I thought that EVER.  I was but a lump on the couch.  Your going to do this and you will feel this too.  It is something to look forward to.  good luck to you - you will be in my prayers.  and I want to talk to you in a few days so you can say all this back to me.

love, tracy
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Hello!You give up?I've heard you post. you are strong!If you give up you ....................................give up..I know you are strong just by reading your words.Just a couple of more days[48hours]you WILL! make it.Then comes the mental.And that is what this forum is really about.support is the KEY!We are the key.FRIENDS weather we know each other or not[face to face]God Bless You.
Helpful - 0
Hi Chrosty,

Probably not the person who should be answering your post as I am wandering the same thing you are.  It is another reason why I have not taken the "leap".  At least you are one step ahead of me and have probably taken the biggest step of all.  We just have to have faith that in the end it will be worth it.  I do know that I was happier and felt better before my addiction, if I can just get close to that level again I will be fine.  I wake up every morning now feeling like I have a hangover, that is one thing that should stop for sure if I ever get off this stuff, so that alone, would be a reason for me I guess.  But I am just afraid, still too afraid.....................  Good Luck dear friend ---- there have to be good days ahead for us surely.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.