Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdraws from oxys

im new here and i need some advice, i am on day 3 ct from a 4aday 40mgs. I cant eat, cant sleep, legs shake, and i cant get off the toilet. When will it get better? i dont know if i can do this. Any over the counter suggestions? I have know family here in s.colorado, i am a single mom and dont want to talk to my daughter about it she is a good kid and i dont want her to think her mom is horrible.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, it will get better.  If you read my recent post to whitewildcat, you will learn a little of my story and that I gave up oxys 65 days ago.
You are going thru the worst of it now and tomorrow will probably be bad too, but once you reach day 5 it will start getting a little better and by day 7 you will be glad you suffered through the withdrawals.
Anyway, this is what I used:
Immodium (for diahreah)
Pepto Bismol caps (for upset stomach)
Arthritis Tylenol (for pain)
Aspercream (rubbed on my legs, it seemed to help)
Tylenol PM (to sleep) but your sleep will probably not get back to normal for a while.
Vaseline (for sore bottom)
Slimfast Optima Chocolate Royale (ice cold over ice) for energy and vitamins
I know there's some other things but I can't remember them right now.
There's something for Restless Legs over the counter, but I can't remember the name and I didn't use it anyway.
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.  You've come to the right place.  This is a great forum!
Good luck,
Yoda (Linda)
65 days c/t from oxy
Helpful - 0
hi jewels wow your from co i hunt elk in south west co. do you have a doctor?try requip for the rls i used it and it worked good for me.i didnt sleep right for 2 or 3 weeks after i quit c/t im 70 or 71 days now.i also abused oxys and vics for 6 years then doc put me on fentaynl patch and i didnt react well to it so i quit everything.find someone to talk to cause its hard to do alone you casn make it another 3 or 4 days and youll be over the physical part you can make it     the bowhunter 71 days c/t
Helpful - 0
hi jewels wow your from co i hunt elk in south west co. do you have a doctor?try requip for the rls i used it and it worked good for me.i didnt sleep right for 2 or 3 weeks after i quit c/t im 70 or 71 days now.i also abused oxys and vics for 6 years then doc put me on fentaynl patch and i didnt react well to it so i quit everything.find someone to talk to cause its hard to do alone you casn make it another 3 or 4 days and youll be over the physical part you can make it     the bowhunter 71 days c/t
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
oops, sorry
Helpful - 0
Thank you both so much for responding, I will be trying everything and anything at this point. I cant wait, I hope I someday can say I have that many days c/t.  Bowhunter- I have no one to talk to, my family lives back east, just me and my daughter and I dont want her to know anything. I have been thinking about moving back home, I havent been here very long and I am more home sick than I though I would be. You hunt here? Do you live here? I dont know if i can make it 1 more day let alone as long as you two have!!
Helpful - 0
yes i hunt north of durango ill be there in sept,no i live north of pittsburgh pa[HERE WE GO STEELERS]we drive straight through 32 hours i love it though.oh youll make it i did little things around the house to occupy my mind like wash aload of clothes little things
Helpful - 0
Hey, did you see my post "Are you lurking?" yesterday?  I think it's way down the page.
Yoda
Helpful - 0
My family lives north of Pittsburgh, they are huge steeler fans, me too. I was from a town called Meadville, do you know it? OH shot I gotta go I think I am gonna be sick
Helpful - 0
im in and out during survivor
Helpful - 0
I was the same way.  I split from my husband and my kids are in college.  All I have is a kitty and he's no help.
Stay with this forum and you will make lots of friends.  That's what helped me.  I couldn't have done it, I don't think, if I hadn't of had the support and encouragement of this group.  And we want you to succeed so you have come to the right place.  Also if you want to email me, my new email is ***@****
I will help you in any way that I can.
Yoda (Linda)
Helpful - 0
yes i know where meadville is im working there right now, i live in slippery rock
Helpful - 0
hey that is not far from Meadville, small world huh?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.