Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vicodin withdrawal: Doctors say howlong?

Any rough idea what MD's say is the reasonalbe expected time one takes to finally stop feeling the effects of vicodin if you were taking the prescirbe ammount?

Still have a couple symptoms. Mainly the runs. Sounds embarassing, but I'm so glad it doesn't seem to be much more than that. Blood pressure fluctuates, but I'm on Norvasc for that.

Anything else to look ahead to expect at this the 9th day of withdrawal from 4 a day vicodin?
Waiting with a totally clear mind for the first time in years.

I feel like that car commercial. Or maybe it was Flash Dance when they say, "Oh, what a feeling".
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
222369 tn?1274474635
Stomach problems can hang around a while. Immodium seems to help the most.
Helpful - 0
You should be feeling better anytime now tbh, for most it seems as though the worst is over in 4-5 days then maybe a few more days of minor stuff.
Helpful - 0
I was told it takes 2 weeks before you feel better when you quit Vikes.  My doc said the first week is the worst, with cramping, diarrhea and vomiting.  The second week is bad, too, but not as bad as the first.  It sounds as though you are over the worst of it.

Do that happy dance!

cymbalom in Texas
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.