Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

off norcos and scared

I am a mother of 3 with an unsuportive spouse, I have been on Norcos 10/325 for several years. It started with a toothache and now its at about 30-36 pills a day I get a script for 360 ut that never lasts 2 months, but i always find ways. this time i couldnt well its been 2 days and the first day i took a .1 m chlonodine then last night i took a 1/2 of a .1 chlonodine as that was all i had left and 3 tylenol pms im sweaty anxious diareah stomache a mess but imm alive im just scared its gonna get worse, to top it off i am receiving norcos in the mail tomorrow and i dont want to take them cause i know i will just have to go trough this again but at the same time ii want them so ba help...please
21 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Just checking in to see how you are doing?
Helpful - 0
P.S. I am just hopeing that you get over the hump before tommorrow and see light at the end of the tunnell so you wont have to taper you can just stay quit.
Helpful - 0
Yes good advice do a taper specially comming o that high o a dose i tapered and now I take 2 per day.  one day nothing, but slow and steady and it can be done.  Good luck you can do it, be good to you you deserve to be happy.  Our spouses have their own issues I ignore my spouse or now and let him be grumpy i he wants I used to think itb was me but its not .  you take care o yoursel  and kids this orum very supportave lot o women in same postions. cheers D
Helpful - 0
if you have made it 3 days forget the taper you are almost over the hump. you should start feeling better as soon as tommorrow. DONT TAKE THAT DELIVERY Being scared is normal for WD the opiates have blocked alot of bad chemicals in your brain and your own natural opiates/endorphans have shut down. your brain is accustom to getting them from a pill. BUT IT WILL ADJUST. are you getting any sleep? Sleep is important for WD? How many pills were you taking at 1 time and how many times a day? if I may ask?
Helpful - 0
I was taking 5 10/325 norcos about 6 times a day lately it slowly got higher and it got to the point that even 5 wasnt working and i was getting sharp pains in my side when i took them ,,,,no i cant sleep more tan a few minutes at a time
Helpful - 0
IF you do take the delivery (I hope you dont) but we all have been there. No shame here your 3 days will not be wasted we will call it an aggressive taper with a 3 day start. If you are still interested
Helpful - 0
i want to say i wont take it but i am so scare i will one second i feel I can do this the next i am looking thru bottles for just one pill i might have missed, god I feel like Im going crazy at least only my four yr old is home the boys 7 and 8 are in school
Helpful - 0
look we have all been there/done that you are not alone. DO you have any Medical pain or are you just abuseing? you said 6 times a day was that round the clock or 6 times in the 12-16 hours you were awake? was it every 4 hours or just whenever the monster called? does Narco mean hydrocodone or oxycodone or other? does your husband know or are you afraid of telling him? sorry for all the questions this just helps us help you.
Helpful - 0
its round the clock and a norco is 10 mgs of hydro and 325 tylenol (think vicoin with double te hydro less tylenol) I have fybromalgya so I have pain but i dont think i have so much pain that i nee this much meds and im scared they will kill me my mom died when i was young i dont want that for my kids, he knows but he just dosnt seem to unerstand why they cause me so much problems if my doctor prescribes them
Helpful - 0
ok so you are taking between 30-36 10/325 per day around the clock so about 360 mg of hydro a day divided by 6 = 60 mg every 4 hours and around 11,700 mg of tylenol divided by 6 or about every 4 hours = 1950 mg of tylenol (thats alot of tylenol) your liver will be hard pressed with that much. OK after 3 days clean you will already be down some. were you taking 6 just to feel good or 6 to feel normal thats important question also. IF you do take the delivery (and I strongly suggest you dont but hey I am nobody's judge we all no how hard it is) you will not need 6 at a time after 3 days to feel ok you will need less than that the goal is to slowly take your body down dosage systematically and consistantly. the WD you go thru Tapering is the feeling of not being high you know normal and let me tell you normal sucks when compared to being high so make sure you reconize the difference.  get thru today and worry about tommorrow .......tommorrow
Helpful - 0
yes anything that could help, i thought about tapering I was just unsure if it was a good idea to star them aagain even if to taper as by the t ime they get here i will be off them for 3 days already...thankyou so much
Helpful - 0
to feel high 5 dont even think I can judge what my normal is anymore but i take them till i feel he euphoria that i feel is my normal if that helps sorry
Helpful - 0
hey thats ok you are among friends here we all truely know exactly what you are talking about. We have all everyone here has failed and sliped up. I would back in the day had 0% chance of not taking that delivery we have all been there done that. I have been clean for over 50 days useing a taper I come back here to remind my self. why I dont want to use again and to help others. the taper plan I am talking about is useing just enough not to be in WD no getting high. and slowly takeing the mg down slowly over weeks. Is your doctor still on your side?
Helpful - 0
the problem with my doctor is that he is in california but he is the one sending me more tomorrow, i moved back to ny this month because my nephew died an hve not even attempted to find a doctor here yet
Helpful - 0
thats a small problem It will probably be hard to find a doctor in your new place to prescribe you that many. What was your original script for 1 every 4 hours or was it more?
Helpful - 0
Script is for 2-3 every 4-6 hours, he hd me on morphine 60 mg too but i went off them months ago they h me flling asleep ll the time...i m gong to try to go to wllmart today is there any over the counter mes or vitamins tht cn elp with the withrwel symptoms???
Helpful - 0
immodium ad is a must have and also get a good multi vitamin when we are in the daze of opiates we really dont take very good care of our bodies. unisom is good for sleeping and I find advil good for the aches in the legs (liquid gels work faster) but dont take the advil with any tylenol your liver has been thru enough. when you get your package dont dive into 5-6 every 4 hours try and take 2 your body will have already started to heal itself and 5-6 is alot enough to kill someone without a tolerence. i quit for 7 days back in 2k3 and after 7 days off tried to take the old amount and almost over dosed. 3 days is long enough in WD that your body will do cartwheels over 20 mg. make sure you give it 30 to 45 min to work before taking any more. and just because 20 mg will work your body will want more than that 4 hours later. dont be fooled by the little voice in your head it just wants to be high.
Helpful - 0
thanx cowboy i will get all of that will they help with the shakes and sweats or do I just have to deal with that
Helpful - 0
sorry the shakes and the sweats are here to stay. But Sleeping will help alot 72 hours of no sleep would make even an 18 year old feel like ****. I am not on here reg maybe I check the site one time a day but I will check more often for you. Also make a new post their are many wonderfull peeps here and I think I have kind of hijacked your post here and more people helping you the better. you can do this  dont you feel better this past hour just posting and getting a little help. you do dont ya! it is all part of the process. I am here if ya still need anything
Helpful - 0
yes I feel a little better it is really only the sweats an shakes tat are bothering me now but mentally im a lot better thanx
Helpful - 0
have you ever tried tapering? It will be really hard to go thru 5 days of WD while taking care of kids (but not impossible). I had a unsupportive spouse also and needed to function that is why tapering worked for me. I can give you the taper that worked for me and also explain why I think it worked. If ya want
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.