Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tomanypills

I agree that I should try to ignore it as I tell everyone else. However, every once in a while this forum goes through this. You must remember that there is a lot of pain here, and when you step on someone's toes who is trying to move ahead and are fighting the addiction with everything in their being, the last thing they need is someone detracting them needlessly. I know what you are saying but think of this, if no one steps in to try and put a stop to the bickering,it will go on with back and forth comments that will increase in volume until there will be nothing else happening here. The potential that this forum has to alleviate some of the worries and pains will be lost in the infighting. I would dearly love to just sit back and enjoy reading about success stories one after the other and that is not possible if the only thing happening here is people throwing stones at one another. How can anyone find what they need when this space is taken up with people choosing sides and either applauding or hissing at one another. This is the reason I jump in and attempt to bring this forum back to the reason people are here, and that is to give and get help in every possible way. Do not for a moment think that I enjoy this. I have been through it and know what distractions can do to people in withdrawal.
I am not concerned with what may be thought of me. My concern is for the ones who are here for one reason and one reason only and we both know what that is.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm farily new here and i'm on day 2 of my hill climb to success(oxy,hydromorophone,tramodol). It makes me feel so blessed to have people like you in this blog to help people like me with are addictions. Thank you so much for letting me know there is hope on this blog for me.

With lots of love and care,
                                                                Lee
Helpful - 0
You know I agree with what you have to say.  I have so much respect for you and love your post.  How is your wife doing??  The last you posted about her she was under the weather???  Is she ok??  How is everything going in your life??  Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
It was nothing too serious. My wife has arthritis and had a bad day with a cold and the stomach flu, but as usual was back to her old self soon after. I could never spring back into normalcy the way she does. I would go into the "Poor me" syndrome and milk it for all it's worth like any brave man would.
Helpful - 0
That made me laugh "like any brave man " - thanks for putting a smile on my face today :-)
Minnie
Helpful - 0
:)  me too,,,,, Glad to hear it,,,, Huggs,,, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.