Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doctors and addiction concern

Upon visiting a general physician and discussing addiction problems, what do they standardly do?
I can imagine them making a note in your "file" to never to prescribe narcotics to you ever again, or would they help you by writing a script and planning a tapering schedule?
-Tim
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Any descent dr is going to do a tapering program.  However, I told my dr that even if I was ever in a plane wreck NOT to ever perscribe me opiates!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Apparently there was a similar post created not too long ago. My mistake.
Regards.
Helpful - 0
ha! I recently moved, so I have only seen my doctor for a broken hand and a follow up on that. I have no "relationship" with him. In fact, I do not even remember what he looks like... I usually go to urgent care.
Helpful - 0
My Dr. is brand new also, I switched because my other Dr wraote scripts for pain meds to freely.  He was proactive in my progression just in helping me feel good,
Helpful - 0
Eh, I am still hectic about traveling over there. How do you bring the conversation up? "I need help with a HC addiction?"... Do they just give you scripts and a schedule?
-Tim
Helpful - 0
I meant that my Dr. was not proactive in my treatment.  I actualy did the AAROD detox procedure (which is detox under aneth).  It was th worth the 10K for me because I seem to be going through the same things as everyone else that quit c/t.  I don't know if I could do the tapering.  I would have had to of given my pills to someone to dispence.  And I seem to be an all or nothing person always wantign the quickest of results.  All I know is that I don't want to go through this again!!!!  I was perscribed narcs for 10 mos and its this hard for me I can't imagine those who have been on larger doses and longer time periods. Any one who looks on this site has to know in the back of their mind that there is a problem.  The difference between dependant and addicticted is such a fien line!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.