Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

thank you FLaddict

Tahnk you so much.  Everything hurts right now.  My body, mind....and most of all my heart.  But knowing someone is out there helps, onece again thank you so much.  Just your few words have given me hope for tomorrow.  
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
  Thank you....and God bless you for being there!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Can you take a hot bath or shower?? It will help soooo much.. or even a heating pad will help.. Motrin helps some with the achiness.. bath may help relax you some..
Helpful - 0
  I've got too many topic lines....I need to narrow them down to just one.  Thank you so much.
Helpful - 0
   Just took one when I got off work...and yes it does help, thank you.  Sorry about sounding so depressed, but giving up the drugs....loosing the girl I was going to marry next month...it just all hurts.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Are you taking any OTC meds to help with the symptoms??
Helpful - 0
   Yes.....I suffer from Panic disorder.  My doctor has me on Xanax and klonopin.  The help with the shakes a bit, so I guess I'm lucky there.  Lortab and Vicodin were my drugs of choice, never took my other meds except as prescribed.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
What i meant was did you get any stuff from the pharmacy such as Immodium to help??  Or a sleep aid??  How many Loritab were you taking per day?? For how long??
Helpful - 0
  Yes Immodium I've been taking.  And Motrin for aches.  I started out on hydrocodone for a bad rotator cuff injury.  they fixed the cuff, but the pain became cronic (and still is....doctor says its from scar tissue and I'll probably always have it).  Anyway, I went from getting the meds from him at first....to just getting them!!!  Buying them from a so-called "friend" I don't associate with anymore.  I've been taking as much as 20+ 5mg tabs a day for about a year now.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Well Now is the time to stop... at least until you figure out if your pain is really from the shoulder or if its because your brain thinks it needs the drugs.. By stopping you will be able to access how your pain really is.. Loritab and Vicodin make your brain think you need it for your pain..  Thats what I am doing.. I am getting off so I can get a MRI and see how bad my crushed disc really affects me.. If I can live with it then so be it... If I will always need meds at time then I will create a plan with my hubby to keep me from abusing them agian..
Helpful - 0
   I'm a nurse (but I don't work anywhere where we have drugs like that, thank God).  I'm a mental health nurse.....never thought this would happen to me, but it did. And it cost me everything.  I still have my job though.  But I'm all alone now.
Helpful - 0
  Is you hubby supportive?  I was supposed to get married next month, but she left me.....says until I get clean she's gone.  Even sold her engagment ring.  Not having the meds hurts.....not having her hurts worse.  But I can't blame her, I just wish she was supportive.  It would have meant the world to me to have her help me.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You are not alone.. trust me.. there are so many people here in your shoes.. You should post again in the morning when more people are here so they can get to know you.. You are just like all of us..
I never thought this would happen to me either... I worked in a rehab for years.. one would think I would have know better.. but no such luck..
yes my hubby is very supportive.. I am so thankful.. I am so sorry about your girlfriend.. maybe it just wasn't meant to be.. ya know?? You are geting yourself together now and will have someone that is supportive when you are better..
Helpful - 0
   Thank you for the kind words.  I may or may not have her when this is all over....but getting better is the only way I'll survive.  Would you be mad at me if I got off here and tried to get some sleep?  I had to work tonight, and between my heartbreak, and the withdrawls....I think I'm going to take another hot shower and try to rest a bit.  It's hard to think right now (my mind is so murky).  I'm off this weekend....and I plan to be on here all weekend.  And yes, I'm going to be on here first thing in the morning.  
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Of course i wont be mad I need to get some sleep myself... i have to rest up for a wedding ya know.. so I will see you soon ok? I will try to pop in tommorrow but if not there is lots of people to talk to you.. and help you thru this journey..
Helpful - 0
    Thank you so much.  You truly helped me tonight, and I thank you with all my heart.  I'll post in the morning.  Hopefully we'll talk again.  You really gave me hope tonight.......have a good night okay.  And congrats on your wedding!!  I hope to talk to you soon........nite nite.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.