Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To oxyhydro, Tim, and everyone that helped me survive yesterday.

Today is day 6 for me and I really came close to giving up yesterday because I was so miserable.  But the encouragement from all of you helped me get thru the day.  And I did not let my friend brink the Norcos over.  I didn't know what those were but Tim and Oxyhydro explained to me that they are addictive, not as strong as the oxycontin, but still addictive.  And I'm glad to know that I didn't dream up these awful withdrawals.  Oxyhydro (in my post yesterday) explained that coming off oxycontins is one of THE hardest things to do.  So thanks again everyone.  I hope I feel better today though because this is wearing me down.  Bobbyjean
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey there! Your post made me feel so good to know you didn't give in. You should feel so proud of yourself. I am addicted to the Hydros and today is my day 1. I am going to follow right behind you and watch your progress. When I quit 5 mos ago and got to the beginning of day 6th, I filled a prescription. It was there and I wanted it. I was starting to feel like my old self and think if I had just pushed through that day, I would be clean today. I think Ms Daytona is on the same day as you and she is doing great too!!

I noticed in the last week the pills are making me sweat and feel sick to my stomach. This has never happened before and I think this will help with giving them up this time. I just want to remember how I felt yesterday when last took them. It was not good at all.

Keep me posted on your progress and thanks for the uplift on day 1. Be good, be happy!
Tim
Helpful - 0
I think Ms. Daytona is a day ahead of me; today should be her 7th day clean.  She is an inspiration to me, even though some people have said mean, nasty things about her.  The fact that she could quit oxys cold turkey, still manage to work 2 jobs, and take care of her family:  I don't have nearly her responsibilities, so I just tell myself if she can do it, so can I.  And I am excited that you are taking the big step today.  I wish you the best of luck, Bobbyjean
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the support. I think Ms Daytona and you are terrific ladies!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.