Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hello Everyone

I cannot believe it's been 28 days. I was not on at all yesterday, had a terrible migrane and ended up taking some phenergen and slept for 11 hours last night. I hope that doesn't set me back, I don't really know to much about that drug? Still woke up every few hours drenched though. Today I am just taking it slow, still no energy, but my headache is gone :) How is everyone else doing today?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey desertgrl. Glad ur headache is gone. I still have mine, Day 3 and I'm still taking norco every 7 hrs. Just pushing it from 6 to 7 hrs gives me w/d.
Helpful - 0
28 days!!! Aren't you so proud of yourself? I don't even know you, and I'm proud of you! Maybe because I went through what all of you have, I know how hard it is to overcome, and when someone does it, it literally makes me smile! I think the drug you mentioned is an anti-nasuea med...if it's the same one I'm thinking of, they give it to me occasionally for the nasuea that comes with my migraines. Don't think it's a narcotic, but does make you sleepy. Maybe someone can answer that better than I? But anyways, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!
Helpful - 0
thank you for your post, i am very proud of myself but won't celebrate probably until a year has gone by, hopefully my energy will be back by then, lol, how are you doing?
Helpful - 0
I'm feeling better than I ever have! I've been off pills (vic and codeine) since Dec. and I really never could have imagined that I could live such a happy life! I used to look at my friends ( very often )  and wonder how the hell they could LAUGH, or be HAPPY, on a daily basis without the high from pills. It boggled my mind, lol! I now have tons of energy, love being alive, and try to remember that although this is all wonderful, I am not totally safe from relapse...noone is! It's a day at a time! You, too, will get there.
Of course, I'm not saying I never have bad days or bad moods, because I do! Just as much as the next person. But I don't have the ups and downs several times a day that i had when taking the pills ( from getting high, coming down, getting high, coming down). You are doing so well! You are way, way past the hardest part. Congrats again!! And thank you for asking about me!
Helpful - 0
We are all in this together : ) I know what you mean about looking at other people and thinking how can they be so happy without pills? YOU are doing so great!!! I am very proud of you, you have come such a long way! Do you remember when your energy came back? Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I believe my energy came back at about day 9, but you have to realize that I am a super hyperactive person by nature, lol!!! But, it was prob about a full month, maybe month and a half, before I felt totally "normal" again, meaning not getting "sleepy spells" throughout the day. Hope that helps some! And again, you are doing so awsome! And you're right...we ARE all in this together, and no matter what happens in life, I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO HAVE HELPED ME TURN MY LIFE AROUND. NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
your so sweet, and yes i won't forget this place either, will probably be here forever, lol, well thanks for the chat, i have to go and take a shower, etc. Hope that you have a nice weekend!
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I'm kinda wondering about the fact that you are still detoxing after 28 days... wow I thought you would be over by now but I guess it does take time... 25 for me and 2 off of suboxone and am feeling great cosidering.  Not 100 percent but happy it's over, (today).

YOU GO GIRL!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.