Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

psychological or physical

It's really flippin hard to sleep. I love sleep. Just 6-8 hrs of it under my blankets would be great. Does anyone know if the not sleeping part is mostly psychological or is it mostly physical, because I'm coming to a braking point? I took Nyquil at midnight, woke up at 3am. Took it again around 5am to wake up at about 7. Will it ever go back to normal? What did I do to myself, they're so little and insignificant, how the hell did I end up here?  By the way, Victim to Surgery, I haven't figured out how to answer you directly, but EFT means emotional freedom technology. It's light tapping you do on different acupuncture points on your body. You have to do that and say a phrase at the same time. I'm skeptical, of course, so I wanted to see if anyone tried or heard of it. The book made it very convincing, but obviously it's one sided.  Talk to you soon.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey there,
I would say it is physical and your body will take time to adjust. I quit 5 months ago for 5-6 days and had trouble sleeping. I understand it can take up to 3 weeks or more to get back to normal. I took benadryl, excedrin p.m and robitussen for the cough that comes with w/d. Sounds like you are doing really well and congrats to you.

Drive safe and buckle up this weekend!

Tim
Helpful - 0
Hello!
The lack of sleep that comes with w/d stinks, doesn't it? What day are you on? Are you tapering, or cold turkey?
Helpful - 0
I tapered from 15-20 Norco 10/325 for the past two months down to 2 (Okay 3) a day and officially stopped May 24 at noon, so even that night was really rough. Tossing and turning, leg restlessness, nightmares of not having any (and then I wake up and realize I really don't have anymore) Time is going by really slow and I quit my job and dropped every class but one in order to detox with "no worries" but now I'm out of money and worried how I'll function at a new job around people without "taking the edge off" ya know?
Helpful - 0
the restless leg symdrome, esp at night, was the worst for me! And all through withdrawals, I, too, wondered how I would get through normal life activities without the pills. Now, I'm happier than I've ever been. I've been off painkillers since Dec and I've just read alot of books and learned ways to deal with emotions and stresses in ways other than taking pills. For some reason, that just worked for me. I promise you, you WILL feel better, and the physical symptoms will start to die down soon...please believe me! You Will see the day where you wonder how you ever thought you couldn't live without pills! Hang in there...you're doing it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.