Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

good morning, thanks to all, and a question?

I wanted to thank all that posted to me regarding my breast lump. I will be calling first thing monday to get it checked and I am going to demand a biopsy this tine since I don't have to worry about pain meds that way I will know once and far all!

I wanted to ask those that are reading a question. I am in IOP (intensive outpatient) and every time I go to group (which is a lot, 3x a wk for 3 hrs each) I learn so much and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me passing this knowledge on. Like after each group I can post a thread about what I learned.

In doing this I am hoping that maybe it can help someone else and maybe give them strength and skills to cope. Plus it will help me too!  Anyway don't want to waste up space if no one is interested. But if 1 person is I will do it.

I just am really hoping that my addiction has a purpose. Being to help someone either recover, avoid what I have gone through, or keep someone from spiriling down this nasty road.

I can go on and on as I love to write but I can understand if people don't need me rambling and such. But really I just want to help because I care for all of you very much!

And I think it was lookyhere who used the term "normies" in a post. I had never heard that term until IOP the other day. My counselor is a recovering alcohlic and is a member of AA and used that term "normies" and it made me laugh. Cause in the addict world we do develop our own language and relationships for other people like us.

That is why being in a setting like this is so helpful. We all get it and that makes it easier to talk to each other.

Have a great day everyone. I am going to tend to my roses today as I have neglected them for too long!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am definitely interested in you posting what you have learned. I think it will help :)

thanks so much

Alex
Helpful - 0
Ditto!  I think it would help a great deal.  Thank you!

nannyj507
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.