Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

gunsnstaleys checking on you?

I was just wondering if you were able to stay clean?

How are you emotions today?  You doing ok?

The money part is hard.  Trust me I know but things usually work out there too.  I mean look what some of us have done just to get the drugs!  I am sure we can figure out a way now just to have money to live a "normal" life.  

Thinking of you.

Love,

Shelby
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks so much for that post. i've been on the site for about 15 minutes, just reading, and didn't even see my own name in one of the titles! haha.
anyways, yes, i am still clean...im actually at the 90 hr. mark right now, so half way through day 4. i dont even feel sick anyone...a way i can tell if im in wd's is i get the cold shivers all over my body, and the sweats. those are the two 'symptoms' that seem to have the most noticable effects with me. i think a lot of it has to do with how small of a suboxone dose i took during the 5 day taper. it's definitely way easier than withdrawaling from any other opiate.
as far as the money  thing goes...it's just so disappointing...mostly in myself, not the girl. she's a heroin addict...and i know that she probably didn't want to steal from me, but rationalized with herself to the point where she felt she needed it. she said she'd gave me her credit card as collateral, but it was an american express gift card with a 0 balance...haha i cant believe i fell for it.
thanks again for thinking of me...i haven't really established myself here, so its nice to know that someone out there cares. i hope all is well with you. with me, the depression is a huge factor...sometimes, during wd's, i just get this overwhelming feeling like the problem is just TOO BIG for me to overcome. it usually happens when im in bed.  but if i go swim a few laps in the pool, or go for a little jog, have a cop of coffee, talk to a good friend, it really really helps.
im at work on my computer, so ill be on and off for the next few hours.
Helpful - 0
I am so happy to hear that you are doing better.  Isn't it great that we all have one more day behind us!  The depression is so hard at times but it passes.  Just think in a month from now how much better we will be!  When I get down I try to look at that - last night it was more difficult but I should know better.  It's a long process.

Your friend is an addict and you know how us addict's are.  We will do anything to get our fix.  The drug takes over and you do things you would never consider doing sober.  

Please keep me updated of your progress.  You sound determined and that is so wonderful!

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.